What's new

Thought MS would like to know

goodintentions

First of all, I work as an engineer for a large engineering firm. By large, I mean 10K+ engineers strong with revenue in the billions.

My boss came by my office today to chat and whatnot. He told me that he along with many others in upper management, including the CEO, have been pushing for getting a surface pro tablet for the engineers. Well, the decision has been reached. We are all getting a SP4 next year. Apparently, the testers have been impressed with the SP3.

I asked my boss why not an ipad? After all, that's the popular thing? He said the testers back at corporate headquarter tried the ipad and they couldn't really find anything useful for our engineers. They confirmed what he's been saying all along, that the ipad is more like a toy.

So, I don't even have to buy an SP4. I'll just wait for the company to give me one hehe. :D

Johnny365

I think we all knew that the ipad wasn't a serious contender in actual productivity where you need full-featured apps.

kc912

First of all, I work as an engineer for a large engineering firm. By large, I mean 10K+ engineers strong with revenue in the billions.

My boss came by my office today to chat and whatnot. He told me that he along with many others in upper management, including the CEO, have been pushing for getting a surface pro tablet for the engineers. Well, the decision has been reached. We are all getting a SP4 next year. Apparently, the testers have been impressed with the SP3.

I asked my boss why not an ipad? After all, that's the popular thing? He said the testers back at corporate headquarter tried the ipad and they couldn't really find anything useful for our engineers. They confirmed what he's been saying all along, that the ipad is more like a toy.

So, I don't even have to buy an SP4. I'll just wait for the company to give me one hehe. :D

I love hearing this sort of stuff. Even if the SP never sells as well as the iPad, if you know what you're talking about you know the value of the product. I've mentioned it before on here but I wish the SP existed while I was at Uni doing engineering, so many cool tricks up its sleeves.

CrippsCorner

Fantastic news! Jealously right here... we've been promised 'tablets' for years and still haven't got anything! Good old NHS.

iPad Pro? LOL