Timeline for Android & iOS apps?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Apps' started by gman713, Dec 13, 2015.

1. gman713

gman713 Member

I just checked the Windows app store today after a few years and noticed some basic universal apps are still not in the store. For instsnce, my wife asked me to install the Hallmark channel so she can watch it on my TV connected to my Windows 10 desktop. It's not listed in the store, yet I easily found it on the Playstore and Apple app store. Will Microsoft eventually figure a way to emulate android and ios apps so we can install and use them natively in Windows 10?

2. leeshor

leeshor Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    I read somewhere last week that the porting project is stalled. It seems they ran into some technical roadblocks but I don't remember the specifics.

3. GreyFox7

GreyFox7 Super Moderator Staff Member

There are a couple Android emulators you might try, Bluestacks or AmiDuOS. I don't anticipate the floodgates opening to release a waterfall of apps anytime soon.

4. jnjroach

jnjroach Administrator Staff Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    There is no need for the App on Windows 10 x86/x64 as you can point your browser here:

http://www.hallmarkchanneleverywhere.com/

That is the solution for most things, Apps were created predominantly to overcome mobile browsing experiences.

5. gman713

gman713 Member

Thanks! You know I tried the website and I think I had a difficult time just finding the actual videos to play for her. It just let me play previews. I found the app easier to navigate for some reason. Regardless, I think I'm going to give AmiDuos a try when I get my new Surface Pro 4.

6. jrioux

jrioux Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Perhaps you should read the instructions:

"Contact your television provider directly if you’re experiencing login difficulties. Only your television provider can provide you with your username and password."