Tips on cleaning touch cover?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface General Discussion' started by Arctherus, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Arctherus

Arctherus New Member

Microsoft advises using warm water with soap and a lint free cloth, but I was wondering if anyone has their own way of doing it. I really want a white touch cover to switch out for my black one, but maintaining is a concern.

2. bosamar

bosamar Well-Known Member

My Device:
    RT
    Anything white that is continuously used is going to get dirty.

3. Aries86

Aries86 New Member

Use only a soft, lint-free cloth. Abrasive cloths, towels, paper towels, and similar items may cause damage to the item.

4. mitchellvii

mitchellvii Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    A white cover is going to look dirty with 6 months no matter what you do.

5. pallentx

pallentx New Member

I use a damp cloth with a little soap. I have also used the desk cleaning wipes at work - those help get the oils off pretty well.

6. TrentonT

TrentonT Member

from the Surface Support Site
    Touchscreen care

Scratches, finger grease, dust, chemicals and ultraviolet light can affect the performance of your touchscreen. Here are a few things you can do to help protect the screen:

• Clean frequently. The Surface touchscreen has been coated to make it easier to clean. You don’t need to rub hard to remove fingerprints or oily spots. To avoid scratches, use a soft, lint-free cloth to gently wipe the screen. You can dampen the cloth with water or a lens cleaner, but don’t apply liquids directly to Surface. Don’t use window cleaner or other chemical cleaners on Surface.
    • Keep it covered. Close the cover while you’re on the move or not using Surface.
    • Keep it out of the sun. Do not leave Surface in direct sunlight for an extended period of time. Ultraviolet light and excessive heat can damage the display.

[​IMG]Cover and keyboard care

The Touch Cover and the Type Cover require minimum care to function well. To clean the keyboard, wipe with a lint-free cloth dampened in mild soap and water. Don’t apply liquids directly to Surface. Do this often to keep your Touch Cover or Type Cover looking great.
    If the spine or magnetic connections of your cover get dirty or stained, apply a small amount of isopropyl alcohol (also called rubbing alcohol) to a soft, lint-free cloth to clean.

7. Gradial

Gradial New Member

Choose a microfiber cloth. This is ideal for cleaning a touchscreen. Some devices will have such a cloth included or perhaps you can borrow one you use on your sunglasses.

plaigerism check

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014