What's new

To Be SP3 Owners

mohcho

I pre-ordered the 128GB/i5 with a black type cover. Can't wait. Just returned my SP2 as well. No problems, and the guy at the store/kiosk didn't even check anything when I returned it.

bluegrass

i7, 256 or 512 + docking station & keyboard. Haven't decided on color of the keyboard yet. I won't order until I've put my hands on one in the local Microsoft store. I want it to replace my desktop. I do some video editing. I probably will move my RT, SP1, & SP2.

Some one on another thread said the SP3 didn't have Bluetooth. They are wrong.

•Dimensions: 7.93 in. x 11.5 in. x 0.36 in.
•Weight: 1.76 lbs
•Casing: Magnesium
•Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 low energy technology
•Full-size USB 3.0
•microSD card reader
•Headset jack
•Mini DisplayPort
•Cover and charging ports

Korlon

OMG..

I was referring to the KEYBOARD BLUETOOTH ADAPTOR.

Don't know if you heard, but umm... (looks left)... (looks right)... It's discontinued.

I am of course referring to the keyboard Bluetooth adaptor...
Yup, it's the KEYBOARD Bluetooth adaptor of which I speak.
The KEYBOARD Bluetooth adaptor is no more.
It's snuffed it.

I hope this msg lays the issue to rest.

joga

i pre-ordered an SP3 I7 258GB + the new type cover in blue. I will also import the docking station, seems like its not available in germany.

fonzman78

I pre-ordered the SP3 I5 256GB w/blue cover. Probably not a shocker to most of you. Still not sure if I will switch from the SPro2 though. I really like the size of it. I'm not sure if I like the larger SP3 size or not. It also (as JNJ pointed out) reminds me of the old tablet PCs that spun around or flipped over. I did like them back then but it always felt awkward to hold the big heavy PC tablet in hand while trying to use the pen. With the thinner size and pull off keyboard, it might work this time around. We will see.

I didn't go with the I7. I'm not sure why I would need an I7? Anyone getting the I7 care to explain why they went with it?

kundas1

OMG..

I was referring to the KEYBOARD BLUETOOTH ADAPTOR.

Don't know if you heard, but umm... (looks left)... (looks right)... It's discontinued.

I am of course referring to the keyboard Bluetooth adaptor...
Yup, it's the KEYBOARD Bluetooth adaptor of which I speak.
The KEYBOARD Bluetooth adaptor is no more.
It's snuffed it.

I hope this msg lays the issue to rest.

well to be perfectly honest your wording was very misleading and vague... you should have said keyboard wireless adapter, not bluetooth adapter :wink:

Krighton

Anyone getting the I7 care to explain why they went with it?

So you have the best and don't need to upgrade in 6 months to a year. So when someone shows off their trendy Macbook or Macbook Air, you simply crack a smile and just look back at your Surface Pro 3 with superior.. everything.

malberttoo

I ordered the i5 256, purple cover.

Note 4 refers to this sentence (which admittedly also doesn't make much sense):
"Plus, you can easily connect your peripherals and transfer files via a full-size USB 3.0, microSD card reader, and Mini DisplayPort.[4]"

It actually *does* make sense, since you'll need an adapter of some kind to go from Mini DisplayPort, to anything. And of course Microsoft does not provide that. Still have all mine though from my original Surface.

mohcho

The i7 has better graphics (HD5000) in addition to the better processor. The i5 has the HD4400. HD5000 may be worth it for gaming, graphics, etc.

I've played Tomb Raider on the SP2 and it ran great, no lag at all. It's not meant to be a gaming rig, but it fares well all things considered.

CrippsCorner

I pre-ordered the SP3 I5 256GB w/blue cover. Probably not a shocker to most of you. Still not sure if I will switch from the SPro2 though. I really like the size of it. I'm not sure if I like the larger SP3 size or not. It also (as JNJ pointed out) reminds me of the old tablet PCs that spun around or flipped over. I did like them back then but it always felt awkward to hold the big heavy PC tablet in hand while trying to use the pen. With the thinner size and pull off keyboard, it might work this time around. We will see.

I didn't go with the I7. I'm not sure why I would need an I7? Anyone getting the I7 care to explain why they went with it?

I kind of hate that they have released an i7 version, simply because I'm a sucker for getting the top version even if I don't really need it :(