What's new

To those who get more than 6 hours....

Do you have the same battery?

• Total voters
how is this even possible my battery showing more capacity then the design capacity pic attached mines the LCE battery

Attachments

• Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    180.9 KB · Views: 428

leeshor

1,000 charge cycles is what some manufactures say is the standard for Li-ion batteries. 57% at 500 sounds like it's close enough.

Am sure someone on ere said you should calibrate your battery and then check report as it could be giving you wrong readings , they said let the battery run down to 0 then fully charge the battery with out using the surface then check report

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Conditioning your battery will improve it. I had neglected my RT for a while and the level was down but after a few conditioning runs its back to 94% and holding.

I got the RT at launch in Fall 2012.

Last edited:

jonypx09

I have an LGC battery too with 31 cycles and I'm averaging just over 9 hours with brightness set to 30% and 70% when plugged in. Brightness is the biggest factor with battery life; if I set the brightness to 50% or more, I'll average 6-7 hours of battery life. If I set the brightness to 10% or 20%, I'll average 10-11 hours.

Attachments

• Battery Life.PNG
    Battery Life.PNG
    140.5 KB · Views: 432

Ordnas

Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but I have finally received my sp3 and wanted to know how you display battery information?

Thanks.

Stephan

Any idea why I can't see some information in the battery report ? (like the remaining capacity, the design capacity, full charge capacity..etc)

Attachments

• Sans titre.png
    Sans titre.png
    211.3 KB · Views: 409

jonypx09

Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but I have finally received my sp3 and wanted to know how you display battery information?

Thanks.

Open Command Prompt in Admin mode and copy the following line and press enter:

powercfg /batteryreport /output %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\battery_report.html

1,000 charge cycles is what some manufactures say is the standard for Li-ion batteries. 57% at 500 sounds like it's close enough.

Well, actually I don't consider 57% to be anywhere close to 80% as MSFT claims for 1000 cycles. Of course, I'm making a huge assumption that my battery will lose its capacity at the current rate which is 3% at 35 cycles.

Am sure someone on ere said you should calibrate your battery and then check report as it could be giving you wrong readings , they said let the battery run down to 0 then fully charge the battery with out using the surface then check report

I've just let my battery drain to 0 (well, not quite as it'll enter hibernate at 3% or so) and charged it back full. So it "should" be calibrated.

Conditioning your battery will improve it. I had neglected my RT for a while and the level was down but after a few conditioning runs its back to 94% and holding.

I got the RT at launch in Fall 2012.

That is excellent for such old device.

How did you "condition" your battery? Thanks.