What's new

Today (18March) MS Update bricked my SP3

leshay

Hi

Horrendous day. Got the MS Update today, and as usual, went through the longish install routine. Finally reached the desktop. No mouse (MS Sculpt Comfort Wireless mouse), no taskbar and most applications would not start. Could only get the windows touch button at middle right screen edge to do anything. Found that the update reported as done and OK (supposedly).

Tried restart several times and same results, Windows Updates report no updates needed (funny that - NOT!).

Luckily, I had a recovery USB stick - so went though the laborious process, replaced entire image, went through the (several) update sessions (One of which reported failed), update session over next 3 hours, got all updates having to repeat some.

Finally reached a working desktop. Not looking forward to all the application download/updates to come, but luckily I had a reasonably recent data update saved on a NAS and only lost a smallish quantity of data.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has had issues with the latest MS updates?