What's new

Top metal bezel of the Surface not completely flush

p3ntyne

Hi,

I just noticed that the point where the material/colour changes on the top of my Surface Pro is not completely flush. I heard it is normal but interestingly the left side, near the power button is much worse. Is that normal?

Thanks​

Attachments

• IMG_20141228_003530~2.jpg
    IMG_20141228_003530~2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 570
Normal - the casing on the SP3 needs a bit more QA imo. Every Surface I've looked at and owned, also has an issue with the glass screen not being completely flush against the casing - like in some, it overlaps a bit, while on others, it's very recessed so that the glass edge feels sharp - and even on individual machines, this can vary on each of the 4 sides. Something you probably won't notice till you've owned one for a few months.

OP
P

p3ntyne

Normal - the casing on the SP3 needs a bit more QA imo. Every Surface I've looked at and owned, also has an issue with the glass screen not being completely flush against the casing - like in some, it overlaps a bit, while on others, it's very recessed so that the glass edge feels sharp - and even on individual machines, this can vary on each of the 4 sides. Something you probably won't notice till you've owned one for a few months.

Ok, thanks! I feel better not knowing it's a specific defect on mine.

CrippsCorner

My kickstand seems to not quite completely flush on my second Surface, but... what does it matter really. I just get on with it.