What's new

totally ripped off

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Twitter feeds are some of the best ways to get the latest info, just need to be selective on who you follow....

This is kind of my problem though. I used to be able to find all of that latest info from a news site. Now even news sites do not report news and just seem to point you towards twitter. Then once you get to twitter and find what you want it points you back out of twitter because 160 characters is good for nothing more than a headline.

I just see twitter as yet another dumbing down of society :( Not saying it is not useful to people, but to the vast majority it is so they can stalk celebrities. I refuse to aid the site in any shape or form as a result. Let it burn to the ground :D

lhauser

I use Twitter a lot for breaking news and local traffic alerts. I follow a number of people as well, but you do have to be selective. I also don't see news sites leading me to Twitter, but the other way around, since all you can get is a headline and a link in 140 characters.

CrippsCorner

This is kind of my problem though. I used to be able to find all of that latest info from a news site. Now even news sites do not report news and just seem to point you towards twitter. Then once you get to twitter and find what you want it points you back out of twitter because 160 characters is good for nothing more than a headline.

I just see twitter as yet another dumbing down of society :( Not saying it is not useful to people, but to the vast majority it is so they can stalk celebrities. I refuse to aid the site in any shape or form as a result. Let it burn to the ground :D

Don't worry I feel the same about Facebook... praying Zuckerberg won't be on top forever! Unfortunately I don't think any downfall is going to happen any time soon :confused: