What's new

Touch screen not working under Windows Server 2016 Desktop Experience

I have installed Windows Server 2016 on my Surface Pro 3. I usually use a mouse and keyboard, so it's not a big deal, but I notice that the touch screen isn't working.

In order to get the wireless working I had to `Install-WindowsFeature -Name Wireless-Networking` before installing the surface platform, so I thought that maybe there was another feature that needed enabling, but I've been looking through the list shown by `Get_WindowsFeature *` and nothing jumps out at me as relevant.

There are a few devices that are shown as unknown in the device manager, but none of them appear relevant to the touch screen.

Any ideas?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Download the driver msi package from the Microsoft Download center and it should install any missing drivers....

I think you are referring to the same driver package that I installed to get the WiFi drivers working. It was called
SurfacePro3_Win10_161330_0.msi is that the one?

Clearly some of the Windows 10 drivers work on Windows Server 2016, but I'm suspicious that some of them don't.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I think you are referring to the same driver package that I installed to get the WiFi drivers working. It was called
SurfacePro3_Win10_161330_0.msi is that the one?

Clearly some of the Windows 10 drivers work on Windows Server 2016, but I'm suspicious that some of them don't.
Then you'll need the zipped version and install them manually....