What's new

TouchMe Gesture Control Studio - Configure your own finger swipe gestures

kozak79

I've been having a popup telling me that the TouchMe Gesture studio is out of date. It sends me to the appstore, but the appstore says it's up to date. I get this notification every time I restart. Any ideas?

OP
M

mennogreg

I've been having a popup telling me that the TouchMe Gesture studio is out of date. It sends me to the appstore, but the appstore says it's up to date. I get this notification every time I restart. Any ideas?

It's probably a bug (though there was an update released a couple of days ago, I think). He updates it pretty frequently, so hopefully you won't have to wait long for it to be fixed.

ybahman

Hey dude- The only reason you should see that message is if there's a version mismatch between the TouchMe Engine and TouchMe Gesture Studio. Keeping the two in sync is more complicated than you might imagine =]. When I submit the update to the Store and put the new version on my server, there's usually a small window (about a couple of hours) where one could install the old Store app but download the new Engine. I'm guessing that's what happened.

Here's how to fix it:
1. Go to the Store app -> Charms -> Settings -> App Updates -> Check for Updates -> Then install all of the updates available.
2. Once you do that, make sure you open TouchMe Gesture Studio at least once.
3. That's all you gotta do, but lists look silly with only two items so this is only here to make it look more legit.

Let me know if that helps!

ybahman

Hey dude- The only reason you should see that message is if there's a version mismatch between the TouchMe Engine and TouchMe Gesture Studio. Keeping the two in sync is more complicated than you might imagine =]. When I submit the update to the Store and put the new version on my server, there's usually a small window (about a couple of hours) where one could install the old Store app but download the new Engine. I'm guessing that's what happened.

Here's how to fix it:
1. Go to the Store app -> Charms -> Settings -> App Updates -> Check for Updates -> Then install all of the updates available.
2. Once you do that, make sure you open TouchMe Gesture Studio at least once.
3. That's all you gotta do, but lists look silly with only two items so this is only here to make it look more legit.

Let me know if that helps!

I'm guessing/hoping this problem is gone =]

Deckyon

AWESOME! I feel like I am still using my iPad. Yeah, yeah. iPad, but 4 years with those gestures, relearning can be a bear. This is awesome. Gonna go review in a few.

ybahman

yb - any progress in outputting the .txt file from the Studio?
Yes! I forgot to post here about it, but this is already in the latest release. If you open the app bar, it's called something like "export printable list" =]

AWESOME! I feel like I am still using my iPad. Yeah, yeah. iPad, but 4 years with those gestures, relearning can be a bear. This is awesome. Gonna go review in a few.
You're the man! Can't tell you how much I appreciate it! Getting the word out is the hardest part so far.

Dim-Ize

Yes! I forgot to post here about it, but this is already in the latest release. If you open the app bar, it's called something like "export printable list" =].

Fantastic! This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks, YB, for making a great program and providing benchmark support.

ybahman

Fantastic! This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks, YB, for making a great program and providing benchmark support.
I'm glad you like it!

Alright guys- I gotta ask you for some advice. I've been racking my brain to figure out creative ways to get the word out but I haven't had too much success. So I'd love to hear your opinions on it! What do you guys think? No idea is too big or too small!

Tsurugaya

My suggestion would be to find some tech bloggers specializing in Windows 8 and offer them the app for free, hopefully some of them will bite. Actually you only need one that bites, then the rest will follow.

Dim-Ize

Why not start with a front page right here http://www.surfaceforums.net/index.php ?

Ask commander-in-chief, dgstorm, for permission to lead with the software. Get your videos out there! Create a contest and give away 20 or so licenses during the remainder of April when users reply to the post.

For example: CrackBerry Contest

Would your software be able to port over to RT or Windows Phone? If so and your're working on that, you may consider some of the mobile sites: WPCentral, etc.

Dim-Ize

...Anyone want to share your list of gestures, or do you all use the author's faves?...

2 Finger Swipe Up -> Show Touch Keyboard
2 Finger Swipe Down -> Hide Touch Keyboard
2 Finger Rotation Counter-Clockwise -> Web Browser: Back
2 Finger Rotation Clockwise -> Ctrl + F
2 Finger Tip-Tap Left -> Home
2 Finger Tip-Tap Right -> End
3 Finger Swipe Up -> Grab Window
3 Finger Swipe Down -> Grab Window
3 Finger Swipe Left -> Grab Window
3 Finger Swipe Right -> Grab Window
3 Finger Tip-Tap Left -> Mouse: Right Click
3 Finger Tip-Tap Right -> Mouse: Right Click
3 Finger Pinch Inward -> Show Task Switcher
4 Finger Swipe Left -> Volume: Down
4 Finger Swipe Right -> Volume: Up
4 Finger Swipe Up -> Web Browser: New Tab
4 Finger Swipe Down -> Web Browser: Close Tab
5 Finger Swipe Up -> App: Close
5 Finger Swipe Left -> App: Snap Left
5 Finger Swipe Right -> App: Snap Right
5 Finger Pinch Outward -> Show Desktop
5 Finger Pinch Inward -> General: Show Desktop (Win+D)
5 Finger Swipe Down -> App: Close
5 Finger Rotation Clockwise -> Brightness: Up
5 Finger Rotation Counter-Clockwise -> Brightness: Down