What's new

Touchpad issues after SB Sleeps

Gadget

I have yet another issue with my surface book following an update. A few weeks ago I got an update that made it to where my touchpad doesn't work correctly after my PC goes to sleep. I have to reboot the PC to get it working properly again.

This is similar to my old issue of the camera not working after going to sleep. But more annoying. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a known fix? I'm getting pretty frustrated with this Microsoft laptop. It's awesome when it's working, but they are so arrogant pushing updates to my device automatically and break it so often.

Niterider4

I have not had the problems you have had, but I have had nothing but problems with my SB since it was new. Lots of sleep related problems and generally just unreliable. The last remaining problem I had was random freezes/crashes every 12-36 hours. No reason, no error, just non-responsive out of nowhere for no apparent reason.

Yesterday, I reinstalled Windows 10 from a Recovery USB. Then I spent the rest of the day reloading programs and settings. Good times. Thanks for that Microsoft. However, it has now been 36 hours without a freeze/crash. It's too early to call it a day, but I am very (fingers and toes crossed) encouraged.

If nothing else works, try resetting your SB by reinstalling Windows from scratch. It's worth a try.