What's new

Touchpad stops working on the Pro 4 type cover

kiwigirl

Microsoft hardware is so underwhelming, my god. For a $170CDN device you would think it would have better quality than dollar store goods.

Using the Pro 4 TC on the Pro 3. And all of a sudden out of nowhere the touchpad will stop working. The only way to get it working again is to detach the cover and back on. Then it will work again, but now the 2 finger scrolling isnt working in any browser. So the only way to get it fixed is to reboot. Uhhh.

leeshor

Yes, in settings - update and security. Some other forum members initially had issues sing the SP4 TC on the SP3 that cleared up. Maybe yours will, or not. ;)

OP
K

kiwigirl

Other members had the same issue where the touchpad would randomly stop working? Then when I detach the TC and reattach it, the touchpad will work but the 2 finger scrolling in any browser will not.

MS hardware is just a freakin joke, seriously. To have garbage like this happen on a ridiculously inflated $170cdn keyboard is a disgrace. MS should be paying me $170 to use this piece of crap.

Pjniez

I had the same problem with the SP4 Type Cover with the fingerprint scanner on my SP3 last week which was my first week of having it. I thought my system was all up to date with Windows/System updates and then I received notification of a hardware/system update this past Sunday. The update was the 10/26/2015 update that apparently hadn't successfully installed yet. So I let it install and I haven't had the problem with the touchpad since. The 10/26 SP3 update is the one that has the drivers for the new SP4 Type Cover. You should check to make sure this update was installed by checking your Update History.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
In the last couple weeks many S3s and SP3s have locked onto a prior firmware update to keep reinstalling. It seems to be a Windows Update glitch.

OP
K

kiwigirl

I had the same problem with the SP4 Type Cover with the fingerprint scanner on my SP3 last week which was my first week of having it. I thought my system was all up to date with Windows/System updates and then I received notification of a hardware/system update this past Sunday. The update was the 10/26/2015 update that apparently hadn't successfully installed yet. So I let it install and I haven't had the problem with the touchpad since. The 10/26 SP3 update is the one that has the drivers for the new SP4 Type Cover. You should check to make sure this update was installed by checking your Update History.

Thanks. Just checked, the 10/26 update was installed on 11/11.