Touchscreen Issues

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 4' started by tudorc, Dec 4, 2017.

1. tudorc

tudorc New Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    Hi,
    I have a new SP4 and have continual issues with the touchscreen: a dead spot and intermittent phantom touches. The 1 1/2" dead spot runs up and down the screen about two inches from the right and the phantom touches happen there too.
    I'm running all the latest drivers, disabled/uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, run the Surface Diagnostics, I've recalibrated the screen multiple times and I've downloaded and run the phantom touch hotfix (KB3165497) multiple times - sometimes rerunning it up to 10 times a day. Running the CalibG4 hotfix sometimes fixes it (sometimes after a reboot) but the deadspot and phantom touch issue reoccurs - I just can't get it to permanently go.
    The phantom touch issue seems to be kicked off most often by the keyboard/cover's magnetic strip touching the bottom of the screen (i.e. when I close the cover).
    As I said, the CalibG4 hotfix seems to eventually get the screen working again for a bit, but never permanently and I have to rerun it multiple times a day. Also, the output from the CalibG4 hotfix which is put into a client.txt file in the same directory is this:
    0)Error:HidP_GetValueCaps() failed. Error = 0
    0)Error:Exiting HIDDispatcher::Dispatcher
    0)Error:Host not found in host list
    ... which seems to indicate that the calibration failed(?) in spite of the on-screen output from the CalibG4 program displaying "PASS" at the end of execution.
    Does anyone have any ideas? Rapidly falling out of love with my SP4...
    Thanks

2. awwshoot

awwshoot Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    I had this issue on 3 tablets after calibrating them but was the lower 1 inch of the display.

Fix was to go back int Control Panel, Tablet PC settings, and select reset. Do not calibrate after the reset.

Bthoazitmay likes this.