Touchscreen not working

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface 2' started by WillP, May 25, 2015.

1. pbsawyer0

pbsawyer0 New Member

My Device:
    S2
    I seem to have gotten their attention by tweeting and Facebooking them how bad their customer service is, bit havent got an answer out of them yet. I'm a businessman with a law degree that's in between jobs (nothing better to do)so I think they'll cave in soon

2. Eastlunder

Eastlunder New Member

Well..I turned my surface off 5 days ago and today I turned it back on and touch is suddenly working again. I have no clue what happened. Now I am scared about what will happen when I turn it off or when battery dies next time..

@pbsawyer0 any news on your side?

3. Kbstrauss

Kbstrauss New Member

My Device:
    S2
    I have the same issue! I bought mine at end of April and touchscreen stopped working a few weeks ago after an update. Nothing works. I think tweeting about Microsoft not helping is a good idea.. It's the best way to get their attention

4. pbsawyer0

pbsawyer0 New Member

My Device:
    S2
    Sorry for the late response.. I meant to reply to you that day and forgot. I did a good amount of bitching and then took it in to the Microsoft store. They did a soft reset (even though I did 1000 of them and a full factory reset) and it started working again. Took it home and it stopped working a couple days later. Took it back to the Microsoft store in the mall twice and bitched at them (since I could not get any customer service through the phone). Told them that I sure as hell wasn't going to buy a new one (b/c they kept trying to pitch a new one) if mine barely lasted 13 months and they finally swapped it out with a brand new one for free..

How's yours doing? Is it still working alright or did it go back out? If it went out again, and if you have a Microsoft store nearby, take it there! I actually purchased mine at Staples but the Microsoft store actually replaced it after the warranty.. I was very surprised to be honest..

5. Eastlunder

Eastlunder New Member

It worked well for some time and then the touch went dead again. Since it was out of warranty I sold it to a friend for a low amount of money. He said, he did not need the touch, he was satisfied with type cover and a mouse. After that I bought a SP3.

6. JayMoose

JayMoose New Member

My Device:
    RT
    Mine just stopped working randomly after the battery drained and now it doesn't work any help?

7. Fant

Fant New Member

No solution to this yet from Microsoft correct? Guess they've long since abandoned this unit?

8. Eastlunder

Eastlunder New Member

It appears so..

9. Fant

Fant New Member

I was able to fix this by going to device manager, open the touch device (which should be showing a yellow explanation mark) and go to the option to revert to the earliest version. Some people have reported success with just hitting update to get the latest version. My surface 2 is working again!

10. Fant

Fant New Member

Nevermind it stopped working again sigh