What's new

tp-link ac

Hi,
i am using exactly this router here in Germany for 4 weeks now. I have the v1, here in Germany i have read that there are some v2 out.

I am using it with 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz a/c mode and on my opinion its a good wireless router. My maximum speed is 100 Mbit and i got on 5 Ghz WiFi almost 100 Mbit. The router i had before was worse.

But one thing i have with this router together on SF3.

It's working fine with full speed after a restart. But if i let my SP3 in connected standby and go back i only have about 30 Mbit. Its the problem with slow wifi after connected standby. I hope Microsoft will fix that soon, but its terrible that you cant read anything about it since last firmware update ...

But the router is great in my opinion.

DanL

Does anyone have any experience with this router

I thought you were going to wait until Christmas to dive into wireless AC... ;)

The reviews look as good as any of the other choices right now. If you don't like it you can always send it back.

OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

The reviews look as good as any of the other choices right now. If you don't like it you can always send it back.

For that price I'm tempted. But I think that I'll wait until Christmas to buy a Netgear 7000.

DanL

For that price I'm tempted. But I think that I'll wait until Christmas to buy a Netgear 7000.

I think the Netgear 7000 would be a better choice. Asus just released a new AC router last week that also looks interesting. I'm going to wait as well. Hoping some firmware issues get fixed by Christmas.

FlySwatter

I'm a sucker for the high end stuff, but I have had good experiences with installing TP-Link routers for others. IMO they offer a good compromise between price, performance, and reliability. I have a friend with a side business in computer repair, and he's installed literally dozens of the mid-range versions with no issues at all.