What's new

tracker pen stops on left margin

lightkey

Hi everybody, i have a singular problem, rather bizarre one. anyway suddenly the tracker of my pen stops roughly half centemeter before the left margin, when i have my type cover 2 not attached. when i put the cover on, the tracker and the pen work smoothly. this problem just came suddenly, never have before. you know anything about it? thanks a lot guys

OP
L

lightkey

I fixed with a good refresh. I just a bit fed up to refresh every how. Another weird thing is that I refreshed without keyboard once, and after I plugged it in and I couldn't use it.didn't work. Than I refreshed with keyboard on and it took the drivers etch and it works now. It's just really unstable with all this bizarre behavior.

GoodBytes

I think the keyboard is faulty. You are not the first with strange system behavior with a faulty keyboard. Usually all problems are solved when the keyboard is replaced.
What I don't get is why Microsoft just didn't make a simple keyboard instead of this over complication (probably due to the Touch Cover), but anyway.

My guess is that when you had the keyboard in, you allowed the System Firmware delivered in Windows Update to update the keyboard firmware, and fixed your problem. But my guess is that the firmware chip you have in the keyboard is faulty, hence why it didn't work the first time. I suspect it could potentially lead to further issues down the road with newer firmwares. If you can return it and order a new one, I would... better be safe. Hopefully, your Surface Pro 2 is not faulty.

OP
L

lightkey

hi the thing is that it did the same with my other touch cover, so i guess it's something within the surface itself. if there are other firware update, i will just plug in the type cover 2, so i don't get any problem with that. it's still on warranty, so i just wait how long is gonna be the next faulty and then i will probably send it to the support. thanks a lot anyway.

Korlon

I've had issues when removing my keyboard as well, with respect to the pen. Sometimes if I were to either remove or replace (or both) the pen cursor would only move about in a few square mm area on the top left corner. There have been other instances where the alignment would just be way off.

In any case my 'go to' solution is to just restart the Wacom service. If that doesn't work I reboot, if not, reboot with volume + pressed for 15 secs.. and if that doesn't work I slap it around some, or what I like to call 'High Blood Pressure Hacking'.