What's new

trackpad constantly freezing up

kiwigirl

First off, I have to say the trackpad is garbage. Its not total garbage but coming from a Mac trackpad, this is not even in the same universe. My biggest complain about it is that its too short height wise and that it is always freezing up! The cursor will move but the scrolling doesnt work for a few secs here and there.

Does anyone else have this problem? Apparently its really common even going all the way back to the 1st gen surface and MS has yet to fix them. I had this problem on the first keyboard i had too, just two days ago and I exchanged that.

Aurelio

I love the magictrackpad, so for me is difficult also to use the trackpad in the type cover!

About the delay.... Have one option that you can set for ZERO the delay (or something like that), normally they have by default one short delay to avoid that you "click" by mistake!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
AFAIK nobody has ever made a decent Windows trackpad. :(

this one is definitely hampered by size.

OP
K

kiwigirl

I love the magictrackpad, so for me is difficult also to use the trackpad in the type cover!

About the delay.... Have one option that you can set for ZERO the delay (or something like that), normally they have by default one short delay to avoid that you "click" by mistake!

how do you do this?

The device is otherwise-stellar.lam willing to forgive microsoft. just have to carry my 3 button mouse.

Telstar1948

how do you do this?

The device is otherwise-stellar.lam willing to forgive microsoft. just have to carry my 3 button mouse.

Swipe in from right > Settings > Change PC Settings > PC and devices > Mouse and touchpad > all the way to the bottom, delay setting for touchpad