Trackpad delay

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 3' started by herpderp, Nov 7, 2014.

1. herpderp

herpderp New Member

Hi guys,
    I just got a new Surface Pro 3 and I don't like how the trackpad behaves.
    There is a little delay when I'm starting to move the cursor. It's really annoying when I try to do small movements like going from one checkbox to the one below it.
    If i place my finger on the pad, move ~3 millimeters, lift my finger, place it again, move ~3mm and so on, the cursor won't even move a pixel.
    I already changed the delay in mouse and touchpad settings and refreshed the OS, but this doesn't solve my issue.
    Is this some kind of feature?

2. nipponham

nipponham Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    I don't know how you're measuring "~3 millimeters", but you're right that there is a very slight delay between finger movement and the cursor moving, meaning it's not an exact 1:1 movement. However, I have no problem with very precise control in moving the cursor even a millimetre up or down.

3. herpderp

herpderp New Member

I wasn't measuring, but i think it's more space than time related.
    The SP3 at my local "Media Markt" had the same issue, so i guess i have to get used to it and/or buy a bluetooth mouse.

4. bluegrass

bluegrass Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    I know the perfect solution to your problem. Pickup a USB wireless mouse & use it instead of the track pad. Logitech makes good ones at a reasonable price but I'm sure there are other good ones out there. The track pad is simply not up to the task of being able to easily & quickly putting the cursor in precise location. Try it. You'll love it in comparison to the track pad. You can also go the blue-tooth route but I think the wireless USB mice or much more reliable at getting connected. I have both in my Surface toolbox. I may get the Microsoft arch one since it folds flat and would be easier to fit in my Surface traveling kit.

5. Liam2349

Liam2349 Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    I have noticed this issue before. You get a 1:1 movement when the cursor starts moving, but the initial movement of the cursor requires quite a bit more movement on the trackpad. Once the cursor is moving, very small trackpad movements are picked up.

I feel like this is some kind of anti-accidental touch, but I'd love to disable it.