What's new

Trackpad gesture issue after February update

DNP

Aha I see. The scrolling still works, but not the left and right gestures (which I have disabled normally, but did not for this test).
Interesting.

GoodBytes...thanks for confirming. Don't know if a patch will ever be provided as specific to the power setting issue, but maybe when all of the other Type Cover's added "effects" are addressed this might also be resolved.

And my apologies to S-tension for the partial thread hijacking (the Type covers can definitely become frustrating).

Thanks to all.

jrapdx

Get a Bluetooth mouse. That will solve all the issues with the touchpad. I support quite a few user with touchpads on their laptops and none of them who travel would consider using the touch pad. They all carry mice. Me too.

Interesting. That's been my solution too. Using an ancient (2009) MS BT "Notebook Mouse 5000", works fine with the SP2. Never could get the mouse to work with other OS. The only problem with it is the way it chews up AAA batteries.

The Type Cover 2 touchpad is not a joy to use. It's slightly abrasive coating is annoying, and the buttons not very button-like. Maybe we should lobby for an improved Type Cover 2++. I really don't want to see all improvements deferred to the future SP3...