What's new

Trade In Question

cmcigas

Has anyone traded their laptops for a new Surface Book or Pro? Where did you do that? How much did you get?

I just bought an XPS 15 9550 (released in 2016) for $2000 but I want the next surface book or pro when it comes in early 2017 but I want to try and trade in my laptop to cover some of the cost.

I tested out Best Buy online just to see what they would give me with little known specs and it was only 200 bucks. I will not trade in a 2K laptop for 200 bucks to a new Book/Pro, that's insane I feel specially for a quad core i7, 4k touchscreen 256gb storage and 16gb of ram.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
You will always get peanuts if you trade in, no matter where. They can only re-sell at the current used value, so buy at the price that allows them to place their desired markup on and not surpass the typical used value, they must then deduct to compensate for their admin costs, testing, cleaning etc. You lose a lot of money in the name of convenience.

However, $200 certainly seems like something went wrong in the valuation.

TeknoBlast

Craigslist, offer up, 5 miles, or let it go is probably your best options.

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk

TeknoBlast

Craigslist, offer up, 5 miles, or let it go is probably your best options.

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk

Orlbuckeye

Microsoft has a swap program where you trade in your old and get the price off on a new Surface. I never used it but you can go to store and check it out.