What's new

Traveling with the SP3, +1

OP
B

B'midbar

So who or what is the +1? I was expecting a significant other in this story. I guess you meant it as a vote of confidence. +1. Headline should read: Traveling with the SP3. +1

Now that I'm done nitpicking :) I couldn't agree more, I've been on a 10 day trip with only the SP3 since there's no cell coverage in the forest I only had wifi available indoors and still was able to do everything needed. Skype calling covered my phone needs. Otherwise the SP3 served as a digital oasis in hostile territory serving up every thing called upon, entertainment, reference, productivity, shock and awesomeness. :)

Someone on an Internet forum pedantically nitpicking on punctuation? Or grammar? Or spelling? There's a new one.

nipponham

Oh man, I need to learn how to conserve power as per your use case. I switched off wifi (unless when I need to connect but mostly I used my phone for wifi / internet) and I'm mostly using writing notes on NOTES using the SP Pen. There's no way I'll get 50% batt left at end of day and I start the day full charged.
I’ll tell you that I’m not doing anything special. The only time I turn off WiFi is when I’m on a plane. If I stick to the usual MS productivity suite, VPN client, PS Elements, and I can probably get through a 10-12 hour work day on battery alone. If I add the software emulator, probably not. But I’m off and on AC at work throughout the day so it doesn’t matter too much.

I was originally getting about 6.5 to 7 hours of usage, but I did a refresh back in October because of keyboard problems I was, (and still am:(), experiencing. The only thing I changed was my antivirus from Trend Micro to Kaspersky and I find that I’m getting much better battery life. Subsequent firmware updates may have helped, too;)