What's new

Trick to keep your charger plug from pulling out...

mitchellvii

One of the major complaints about the new Surface Charging Plug is that it pulls out so easily. One way to solve that is to get one of these little pen holder loops. Place it above where your plug goes in and feed your cord through the pen loop before plugging it in. Then when you move around the cord pulls on the pen loop and not the plug.

Amazon.com: Leuchtturm1917 Self Adhesive Pen Loop Notebook Accessory: Office Products

21WA--NMchL.jpg
CameraZOOM-20130511180901305.jpg
CameraZOOM-20130511180955276.jpg

Last edited:

Nuspieds

Complaints?! I love it! :)

I much prefer having the cord easily disconnect from the Surface rather than the cord being tightly connected such that tripping on the cord would result in dragging the Surface off the table and then crashing onto the floor.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Complaints?! I love it! :)

I much prefer having the cord easily disconnect from the Surface rather than the cord being tightly connected such that tripping on the cord would result in dragging the Surface off the table and then crashing onto the floor.

Really? I can't move 2 inches in bed or a chair without the cord pulling out. That doesn't bother you? Nevertheless you can use this hack when you DON'T want the cord pulling out.

Also, stop putting your cord where you can trip over it, geesh. :)

stock-photo-10184229-man-tripping-over-cable.jpg

Last edited:

Nuspieds

Really? I can't move 2 inches in bed or a chair without the cord pulling out. That doesn't bother you? Nevertheless you can use this hack when you DON'T want the cord pulling out. Also, stop putting your cord where you can trip over it, geesh. :)
It's not me; it's the power cord/attachment demons who are out to get me! :)

Anyway, when they finally have a battery which I can use the SP on with High Performance mode for numerous hours then I'll consider myself victorious over the demons and not worry about the power cord. Until then, they have the upper hand, unfortunately.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

One area this little hack helps is when I want to quickly move my SP from typing stance to inking stance. Before I did this the plug would always pull out and slip back behind my desk much to my annoyance. Now it always stays plugged in. For me HUGE benefit.

machistmo

Mine does not fall off too easily.... I don't like the idea of encasing an active cool device in leather. I just can't get past that feel. I have not felt the need for a case. Anyway, seems like a good solution for those that are having this issue. I guess I just use mine differently with my AWESOME 24 inch touchscreen monitor. :wink:

P.S. Yes the stickers are still there!

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

I think my need for this stems from my daily activities as a high level executive and all round world changer :)

The case doesn't cause any heating problems at all. My SP would get up to about 78C max running Netflix with no case and same with a case. Besides drop protection, the primary benefit of the case is that I have multiple angles at which I can view my SP as opposed to the one MS decided was best that points pretty much at my chest. I can also store my pen securely and the body of the tablet is protected from scratches. Since the edges of this case extend beyond the corners of the device I feel pretty confident I could experience a fumble and drop from waist height with no damage whatsoever. Those without cases would be making posts here about how they just broke their SP.

P.S. Yes the stickers are still there!

I bet you still have the sticker from the dealership that sold you your BMW on the back too, lol.

BTW, have you looked at the new Jaguar F-Type? That is one sweet ride and my next car.

Last edited:

Omni

More than once my 2 year old has pulled on the power cable of the surface while its been on charge. Thanks to it coming out easily the tablet wasn't pulled off the table and damaged.

machistmo

Vroom....

I think my need for this stems from my daily activities as a high level executive and all round world changer :)

The case doesn't cause any heating problems at all. My SP would get up to about 78C max running Netflix with no case and same with a case. Besides drop protection, the primary benefit of the case is that I have multiple angles at which I can view my SP as opposed to the one MS decided was best that points pretty much at my chest. I can also store my pen securely and the body of the tablet is protected from scratches. Since the edges of this case extend beyond the corners of the device I feel pretty confident I could experience a fumble and drop from waist height with no damage whatsoever. Those without cases would be making posts here about how they just broke their SP.

I bet you still have the sticker from the dealership that sold you your BMW on the back too, lol.

BTW, have you looked at the new Jaguar F-Type? That is one sweet ride and my next car.

Jaguars are just over-priced Fords now. :( I am debating the 370Z or the G37.

2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe | Infiniti USA Official Site

Right now the 370Z has my heart.

Build Your Nissan | Nissan USA