What's new

Trouble getting Outlook to configure on new Surface 3

Pippin96

As a former Apple-only person, I'm switching to Surface...so appreciate any help. Things seem to be working except for Outlook - which I was looking forward to using. Love Outlook for Iphone. "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." Can't get to settings, etc. Very frustrating. Had trouble getting Microsoft support this morning. Any help appreciated. If it were an Ipad app, I'd easy "x" it out and re-download. Not sure how to do that on Surface.

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

Since this is more about Outlook than the Surface the thread is getting moved to the apps section.

malberttoo

As a former Apple-only person, I'm switching to Surface...so appreciate any help. Things seem to be working except for Outlook - which I was looking forward to using. Love Outlook for Iphone. "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." Can't get to settings, etc. Very frustrating. Had trouble getting Microsoft support this morning. Any help appreciated. If it were an Ipad app, I'd easy "x" it out and re-download. Not sure how to do that on Surface.

Welcome to the forum!

What kind of email account are you trying to connect Outlook to?

Cyb3rDud3

You shouldn't have to reinstall the whole application if you have problems with a single account. As malberttoo has asked, what type of account do you have an issue with? Is it actually a MS Exchange account?

Coming from the Mac myself, and having used outlook on iOS, the biggest problem you may find is that Outlook doesn't have a unified/combined inbox...I mean come on what is going on there, it is a stupid and antiquated way. It is still the one thing that niggles at me coming from a Mac, the lack of a decent email client on Windows, all of them are compromised...Once that have the features are a pain to use in tablet mode, the tablet mode applications have a different offline store to the full applications...Aaargh...