What's new

Trying to install Sage Act! 2011 on Surface Pro (128)

DMozer

Act! sets up an SQL Server database at installation. When trying to install the software I get the following error message: "Prereq.Exceptions.InvalidinputException: Exception of type 'Prereq.ExceptionsInvalidinputException' was thrown. at Prereq.AcessINI.Parse(TextReader sr) at Prereq.Program.Main(String[] args) Can anyone point me to where I can get some direction with this?

Thanks
Delia

Krighton

Act! sets up an SQL Server database at installation. When trying to install the software I get the following error message: "Prereq.Exceptions.InvalidinputException: Exception of type 'Prereq.ExceptionsInvalidinputException' was thrown. at Prereq.AcessINI.Parse(TextReader sr) at Prereq.Program.Main(String[] args) Can anyone point me to where I can get some direction with this?

Thanks
Delia

The simple. Do not install ACT!. It's probably the worlds worst Database software on the planet.

If you're only keeping track of customer's Id' suggest Leads 360 or Microsoft Dynamics for a CRM.

ACT! support is terrible and they don't even seem to have a single person that understands SQL to boot.

I can say this, it's almost definitely and Adminstriator issue as Windows 8 has more or less made everything require 'Run as Admin" to be set individually on certain .exe files to operate correctly. I would start there if Sage isn't any help.