Two issues with replacement Surface Book: noisy touchpad and loose screen

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Book' started by TK-DKC, Oct 16, 2018.

1. TK-DKC

TK-DKC New Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    Hello!
    I recently received a Surface Book (1) replacement after the SSD of my original machine suddenly died. I have two issues with it however:
    • The touchpad makes a small sound when touched (not pressed), meaning double-tapping and tap-dragging are noisy (tap, tap, tap...). It bothers me, and I don't recall my original machine doing this, but I could be wrong!
    • The screen can move slightly back and forth relative to the belt it's mounted in and makes a small impact sound when I start closing it (presumably from the edge of the bottom of the screen making contact with the corresponding part of the belt mount). Again, I don't recall my previous machine doing this, but checking out some models in a store, they do the same to a smaller degree.
    Are these just common quirks of the Surface Book? Do you think I should have it replaced again? I know at least the touchpad sound will bother me, and I worry the screen's looseness is the beginning of a bigger problem.

2. sharpuser

sharpuser Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    Welcome, @TK-DKC

These two problems are likely to bother you every time. The time to exchange for another is now, rather than later.