What's new

Two serious issues: Screen Flickering and Keyboard backlight stopped

TommyTuna

On day 10 of the Surface Pro 3..

Two things I noticed today as I have been working in a darker room with lights out:

1) Screen is flickering slightly.. I have a dark background - definitely noticeable?? Never noticed before..
2) Backlight on keyboard isn't coming on anymore? Not sure where I messed this setting up?

Any ideas? Based on this I think I will return the device as I don't want to get stuck with a lemon!

OP
T

TommyTuna

Ok silly me - just read tips and tricks and saw the f1 / f2 control keyboard backlight.. Keyboard works again.

Issue #1 still freaking me out a bit. It has to be a darkish background and the flicker is ever so slight. I think I may return and swap for new one just to be safe.

David Puddy

Does it flicker all the time or just after sleep? I thought I noticed a slight flicker ever so slight after the pc has been off for awhile but then it quickly goes away within 3 seconds. Also does your screen flicker more depending on the brightness? Just wondering.

I had a MacBook pro awhile ago that would flicker slightly when the computer got warm, and I would see this constant subtle flicker all the time, very frustrating, ended up giving the mac to someone for a good price.

OP
T

TommyTuna

subtle flicker when you look at a darkish photo. You can really notice in a dark room. I am taking it back as I don't want to chance it.