What's new

Type Cover 3 - Friction on palm rests

kodos

Okay, so this is a minor quibble - but as much as I type is starting to be a bit annoying. The palm rests on the cover, due to their felt-ish material is starting to chafe a bit on my palms, especially during 'spirited' typing situations. Anyone else feel like they can start to burn just a little bit over time?

Didn't have this problem on the SP2, because of the smaller sized cover. Almost wish it had a more smooth material!

ipaq_101

You must have really sensitive skin, I haven't had this issue.

Another option is that Stickerboy has skins for the palm rest as well, maybe plastic might be easier on your palms versus the felt-ish material.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Typing much with the Surface Pro Type Cover. No discomfort detected here. I hope you don't have a defective cover. Does the coating seem uniform all around the keys?

Last edited:

kundas1

Okay, so this is a minor quibble - but as much as I type is starting to be a bit annoying. The palm rests on the cover, due to their felt-ish material is starting to chafe a bit on my palms, especially during 'spirited' typing situations. Anyone else feel like they can start to burn just a little bit over time?

Didn't have this problem on the SP2, because of the smaller sized cover. Almost wish it had a more smooth material!

ok so maybe try doing real mans work, then maybe that might toughen you up a bit! lol :p

OP
K

kodos

You know, now that I look at my cover - it appears as if there is a weirdness to it around the palm rests. There is a slight ripple in it, which I don't think is supposed to be there. I'll look at the one in BestBuy and see if it is similar or not.

For those who ask, I do have sensitive skin unfortunately. And, I am unsure what 'real work' is, other than banging away at a keyboard :-D

kundas1

real "mans" work is like anything that involves heavy lifting and construction/building/shipping/laborious work... and typing on a keyboard is not MANLY! LOL but maybe your typepad is not ok and maybe you should goto the store and check the others to compare it to yours and perhaps maybe do an exchange?