Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 4' started by davea66, Jul 20, 2017.
anyone have any news about keyboard?? how we can fix it up??
What happens to me:
My Surface Pro 4 (SP4) has a video issue that make the screen to flick. Searching in the Microsoft site, I found that I should download/install Surface Diagnostic Tool.
When running it, it ask to create a Restore Point, ok. It runs all the test/fixed.
After this, the video stop flickering BUT the Type Cover stop working (it works in the UEFi!).
My Windows is up-to-date (Windows version 1709).
I followed many tips found around the internet (including this forum):
- delete the drivers in the Device Manager, reset;
- hard button shutdown;
- hard button shutdown, two button (volume up + Power for 15 seconds) on;
- turn off/on the Type Cover in the Device section of UEFI;
- download the latest drivers from Microsoft site;
- tried to Restore to a point created by the Surface Diagnostic Tool, but the restoration was unsuccessfully;
- hard button shutdown, two button (volume up + Power for more than 15 seconds) to got the Recovery options. In this screen I selected to made a recovery from a restore point, but the SP complains that there isn't a restore point.
Somewhere I read that this is a problem of the Firmware. As the Type Cover works in the UEFi, I found this very strange (my UEFi is 108.1926.769).
Note 1: the SP is not commercially available in Brazil, so, nothing about Microsoft Stores.
Note 2: I tried to talk to someone in the Microsoft Costume Support, but as the warranty of SP is off, I couldn't.
It's the strangest and most annoying thing. Also a very expensive one. I have the exact combination of your problem. Screen stuck in portrait and a type cover that doesn't seem to work. However it works in the BIOS. Also when I reinstall a clean windows it gets back to landscape to turn to portrait after a while(+- 30min). Type cover still doesn't work after reinstalling windows (tried it twice)
@microsoft the least you could do is admit your failure and take back surface pro devices with this problem. Its clearly a manufacturing problem. Show some loyalty to your customers if you want the same from us.
News yet guys.... This problem still exists.
I also have the same issue and tried all the above. For me in the uefi it also works. Straaaaange. Also my screen gets stuck in portrait after a while. Maybe theyre related. Microsoft you're testing my nerves...