Poll Type covers ? are they worth it?

Discussion in 'Surface 3 (Atom)' started by shineyhawkz, Sep 28, 2015.

?

Should Microsoft make a touch type cover for Surface 3?

Poll closed Oct 5, 2015.
  1. Yes

72.7%
  2. No

27.3%
  1. shineyhawkz

shineyhawkz New Member

My Device:
    Surface 3 (Atom)
    So as the title asks , Are the type covers really worth the expensive costs for the s3 ? because at the moment I just have a folding case off Amazon which has done me fine just using touch typing however I feel the need for a keyboard. I like the idea of having a type case but I am not sure I can justify the cost?

On a separate note what happened to the touch type cover? o_O

Thanks,

Shiney

2. GreyFox7

GreyFox7 Super Moderator Staff Member

Id bet on it suffered it's demise due to low popularity in part because of too high a price.

I had/have a touch cover and after a short getting adjusted period it was very good comparatively and had the advantage of doing better duty as a cover.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  3. hughlle

hughlle Super Moderator Staff Member

I was so impressed with the pro 3 type cover that while I'd never planned on getting one, I picked up one for my s3 without a care for the price.

4. Gus

Gus Member

My Device:
    Surface 3 (Atom)
    I have the cover. It is great for protecting the screen when I transport it in my bag. It is nice to have it sometimes. As an example, trying to respond to a IM on Facebook is near impossible using the pop up keyboard without reducing the web page. And filling in forms where the keyboard covers the area you need to type in is a pain. Check out ebay for pricing. I found some good deals there and they can be picked up for under 90 bucks. I got the pen and mouse there for the price of the pen at Best Buy.

5. LibbyLA

LibbyLA Member

My Device:
    Other
    I use my S3 as a laptop replacement most of the time. Can't imagine not having the type cover!

6. jrioux

jrioux Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    While I have the type cover for my SP3 and the touch cover for my RT, I believe that the type cover may not be worth $129 for many S3 owners. Unless they regularly use their S3 as a laptop while out and about, a $10 USB keyboard or $30-$50 bluetooth keyboard will work fine at home or in the office. Some bluetooth keyboard will also work fine while out and about. The Logitech K480 keyboard looks interesting.

7. Tsurugaya

Tsurugaya Active Member

I have two Type Covers, different languages, and really enjoy them both immensely. But would I like to pay that price for them? Hell to the NO. I'm just happy that I could get them with other people's money.

8. Johnny365

Johnny365 Member

I paid about $38 for a used Red Type Cover (SP3) and it's like new condition. No need to spend $130 on the damn things

9. Turbo4AWD

Turbo4AWD Member

My Device:
    Surface 3 (Atom)
    iPad doesn't come with a keyboard, if you want more than a tablet, buy a Surface Pro or A LAPTOP....

10. narse77

narse77 New Member

Yes. I love the type cover on my S3. I don't think I would enjoy using the device nearly as much without it.

11. kojack

kojack New Member

My Device:
    Surface 3 (Atom)
    Short answer, YES.

Long answer, YES because its awesome to have a full feature keyboard with touch pad on your S3. Its magnetic, works without fail, has backlighting and all functionality.

A surface without the type cover is just another windows tablet. The type cover makes the surface what it really is. A full blown EVERYTHING replacement.

Telstar1948 likes this.
  12. stupops

stupops New Member

My Device:
    S2
    Are they worth it No - ridiculous to spend £110 (UK) on one new. MS just make the RRP half that.
    Are they needed - Yes. Why would you want a Surface without one?