What's new

UK Excitement building - shipping date 12th Nov

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I get there earlier in the day (work allowing I should do) I'll post back here to let you know if they have any, might save you a wasted trip

That would ave been my port of call for having a look see, so thanks. I always stop by Enrique Tomas when in the area so wouldn't be a completely wasted trip :p

stammie

A quick heads up
Amazon have the I5 4GB RAM 128 GB model with black type cover available for pre-order again at £958:99 (a saving of 1p lol) but as they wont let you pay extra for a timed delivery I'll still be going to John Lewis,
I don't fancy having a £1000 computer rattling around on the back of an Amazon Logistics van for days on end until they deem me worthy of delivering too!

Last edited:

Omni

Do you think Microsoft will dispatch tomorrow for delivery on Thursday or will they dispatch Thursday? Hope its the former.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
A quick heads up
Amazon have the I5 4GB RAM 128 GB model with black type cover available for pre-order again at £958:99 (a saving of 1p lol) but as they wont let you pay extra for a timed delivery I'll still be going to John Lewis,
I don't fancy having a £1000 computer rattling around on the back of an Amazon Logistics van for days on end until they deem me worthy of delivering too!

My experience the past two weeks is that amazing logistics is just amazing contracting out to white van men. None of them looked in any way respectable, let alone a courier, didn't give a damn, most packages had knocked corners or tears etc, and come as late as 8pm.

Although I recall that my MS store spè came in a box the same size to slip over the sp3 box and no other protection.

@Omni with my sp3 that I preordered I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure it was posted to arrive on release day. Tracking was all fudged though.

Omni

Thinking back to my Surface RT it certainly didn't come on release day as they messed it up. My Surface 2 I got a month after launch so don't know on that one.
We will know tomorrow :)

Omni

I got a call from Microsoft offering me a £25 voucher for the issue I had with my card. Wasn't there fault the bank stopped the payment thinking it was fraud, but thanks Microsoft.

I asked about dispatch and he said definitely within the next couple of days .

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just got a shipping notification for my new type cover. I should get another one for the pen too since they ended up on separate orders... Woo hoo.

stammie

Apologies for my posts in this thread being a bit London centric, but I found out today another department store will be selling the SP4 tomorrow,
I was working in Harrods today and found out they will be selling the 4GB and 8GB i5 models tomorrow, it might be worth a trip there if John Lewis don't have any stock.
Hmmm decisions decisions, I'd kinda made up my mind I only need the 4GB i5, now I'm not sure whether to overspec my needs and go for the 8GB model.

AquaCom

Just received my notification too. interesting to see that on the UPS site it shows as only a label printed and not as shipped but at least it shows the ball has started rolling. So excited!!