What's new

UK launch of Surface Pro 3 soon

iDatus

I know and its the one im interested in. question does the sp3 come with 2 years warranty or 1 if you don't buy from MS Store?
Tried MS Store but there flat out. wonder why, anything exciting happening hehe.

malberttoo

I know and its the one im interested in. question does the sp3 come with 2 years warranty or 1 if you don't buy from MS Store?
Tried MS Store but there flat out. wonder why, anything exciting happening hehe.

The standard warranty is 1 year, and that also gives you 90 days of MS Tech Support for the pre-installed MS apps.

I highly recommend you also get Microsoft Complete, if you're not planning on it.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
can you get ms complete a) in uk and b) if you buy device from somewhere that isn't MS?
There is supposedly a UK version available. But you can't access it or its details until you have a serial number. I imagine source of purchase would make no difference so long as you have proof of purchase (specifically the date) and your serial number.

That said' if you've not purchased yet, it might be an idea to look on the john lewis website. They have a very compelling offer. 3 years free guarantee, and for 85 quid you can get their equivalent of Microsoft's complete, only its for 3 years. If it were not for the edu discount (definitely ask john lewis that politely, they can be very very reasonable people when price matching) and my quidco cashback then I'd definitely have used JL.

wertzius

Wrong. 1 year warranty in the US, in Europe 2 years warranty!

Yes, you can buy Complete in the UK and yes, even if you bought your Surface not at MS.

malberttoo

can you get ms complete a) in uk and b) if you buy device from somewhere that isn't MS?

There is supposedly a UK version available. But you can't access it or its details until you have a serial number. I imagine source of purchase would make no difference so long as you have proof of purchase (specifically the date) and your serial number.

That said' if you've not purchased yet, it might be an idea to look on the john lewis website. They have a very compelling offer. 3 years free guarantee, and for 85 quid you can get their equivalent of Microsoft's complete, only its for 3 years.

The UK version should be available soon, basically around the time that the SP3 is available in your area.

In the US, it's $149 and that gives you 2 years, from the date of purchase. It gives you 2 incidents, at $50 per incident deductible, for accidental damage, and that covers practically anything, except obvious abuse.

So if the John Lewis one is better, then yeah go for it.

Liam2349

About MS Complete, it's available on the 28th (so technically today in the UK). I spoke to a guy on the phone yesterday and he said he thinks it's £150, which is a horrendous exchange rate unless our version has no deductible on accidents.

You can just call up the store and they will add it for you and explain the details, I'll be checking on it too, for official pricing.

As for John Lewis, when SP4 comes around I'll consider ordering from them. If they offer a student discount at least as good as what MS offers, I'll probably buy from them. At least they have a store near me!