What's new

UK power cover

BakedZnake

Are we (UK) ever going to get these Power covers, or have we been dicked out of ever getting one? Is there some kind of localization problem like switching the $ and £ signs round or something I'm not aware of, because I was just assuming they are incompetent idiots.

daniielrp

Are we (UK) ever going to get these Power covers, or have we been dicked out of ever getting one? Is there some kind of localization problem like switching the $ and £ signs round or something I'm not aware of, because I was just assuming they are incompetent idiots.

Well yes, they are.

But from the looks of it I seriously doubt we will ever get that, along with most of the other accessories.

kristalsoldier

What makes you say that? I hope not. I really need a Docking Station :/

Yeah...but the trend and past experience with MS accessories are not very encouraging. I think MS has a cognitive problem of sorts when they have to address questions regarding marketing and product distribution.

daniielrp

What makes you say that? I hope not. I really need a Docking Station :/

Well if you look for the Dock on eBay, the prices aren't too bad for a US import - I would expect if they did sell it in the UK it would be priced at £159 or above, and you can get it from some sellers (postage + customs) for around that.

Last edited:
Well if you look for the Dock on eBay, the prices aren't too bad for a US import - I would expect if they did sell it in the UK it would be priced at £159 or above, and you can get it from some sellers (postage + customs) for around that.

Most of the offers on eBay are around £150-60, and then about an extra £6-12 for postage, and up to a ridiculous £59 or so for import charges. That's potentially over £200, which is a bit much, considering as you say in the UK one could expect to pay around £150 ish for it, and then just a little extra for delivery.

I'm prepared to wait, and hopefully MS will announce UK availability soon, maybe even tomorrow. If they're gonna be bringing out a whole new wave of Surface products, at least make the accessories for Wave 2 available in Europe and other places as well, it's just common sense to wrap it up like that.

If worst comes to worst and it doesn't become available over here, I do think I will have to shell out of my university loan (I'm just starting uni this September and could really use the DS to fill a hole in how I work for my course), but it'd be a real pain.

daniielrp

Most of the offers on eBay are around £150-60, and then about an extra £6-12 for postage, and up to a ridiculous £59 or so for import charges. That's potentially over £200, which is a bit much, considering as you say in the UK one could expect to pay around £150 ish for it, and then just a little extra for delivery.

I'm prepared to wait, and hopefully MS will announce UK availability soon, maybe even tomorrow. If they're gonna be bringing out a whole new wave of Surface products, at least make the accessories for Wave 2 available in Europe and other places as well, it's just common sense to wrap it up like that.

If worst comes to worst and it doesn't become available over here, I do think I will have to shell out of my university loan (I'm just starting uni this September and could really use the DS to fill a hole in how I work for my course), but it'd be a real pain.

Well hopefully they will launch it soon, we'll see if any more hardware is announced tomorrow!

And also, if you order from Microsoft directly, they normally don't charge for delivery.

CrippsCorner

Surface Twitter account said they would be coming to the UK... but now the Surface Pro & Pro 2 models aren't available to buy I'm doubtful we'll ever see them
sorry.png

jefhart

You can't buy the Pro 2 in the UK??? Already?
Microsoft has already taken the original Surface Pro off their US site. They must have done it at the same time. Still, I don't understand why they would stop selling the 2 over there already either.

Microsoft has already taken the original Surface Pro off their US site. They must have done it at the same time. Still, I don't understand why they would stop selling the 2 over there already either.

I check the MS UK store, SP2 and S2 still available to buy. Forget the SP1 though, oops.

CrippsCorner

Oh yes sorry you can still buy it, it's just kind of hidden... not on the front page with other devices. I wonder how long that will continue for though, will they actually be making more stock or just selling off what they have? Surely there's got to be some reductions either way.