I ran this experiment using my SP3 by accident. I was using Handbrake to convert a .mkv file to .mp4 which uses 100% of the CPU. I was admiring how my SP3 was outperforming my i5 desktop workstation. The SP3 was encoding 10fps better than the desktop. Then the throttling kicked in which started dropping the fps and CPU frequency. I realized I didn't have XTU running. I opened XTU and loaded a profile that offsets the voltage by -52.something. Immediately the fps and processor frequency increased. 17 minutes in and it's still outperforming the desktop. Not that I really care about throttling enough to run this test - I'm just making my mom a dvd and wanted to speed up the process. It worked. YMMV.