What's new

Unlimited OneDrive space

OP
K

Kris

Seems to be some confusion about OneDrive, most of it caused by MS themselves. I see ads all the time for computers that have one year Office365 with them and they specifically say 1Tb of space, but yet the MS official line that I've seen is that it is 'unlimited'. I don't know if the freebie with some new computers is a special version or not.
But the way it works for me is that I had 1Tb before the 'unlimited' announcement. A little after that I got to 10Tb and an email that said if I need more, just email them. The problem is I don't think they had an email address to actually do that. Mine sits at 10Tb now and that is more than I'll ever use, but I do wonder how you get more.
I never got an email but a MS help desk person told me that I have unlimited and it auto ups your capacity when you get close. Yet I wouldn't believe a word they say. My speed did increase after my last conversation with one of them though. I'm not sure if they did something, the person claimed he was going to do something, but at the very least I am getting good speeds finally.