[Update] Will your Hardware/Software issues be resolved today? Perhaps

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 3' started by olimjj, Sep 9, 2014.

1. olimjj

olimjj Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    You don't have to wish upon a Star.
    Good things usually happen to those who wait.
    As "bluegrass" alluded to Yesterday, today is Microsoft Patch Tuesday(all Surface and Surface Pro models)
    Around 1:00 PM EST
    What was your result?

2. ipaq_101

ipaq_101 Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    I for one am hoping they fix the wifi issue after extended standby, if they fix that the SP3 would be working 100% for me. The most annoying thing in the world when you press the power button and the wifi radio is gone.

mcsenerd likes this.
  3. Kif

Kif Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Yes, all your issues will be resolved today and three new issues will be created by the updates.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  4. Danielo290881

Danielo290881 Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Downloading Firmware Update 9/9/14 here in germany, now

HarnessTech likes this.
  5. HarnessTech

HarnessTech Active Member

Yep, downloading updates on my RMA'd machine right now as well (Oregon USA). Will see how it goes...

6. Danielo290881

Danielo290881 Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    wow, System update took a long time here. Had the screen with "System update is being installed" for 5 minutes. Then fan suddenly really loud and sp3 shut down. Made sp3 on again, another update. It restarted itself again. Now all is installed sucessful.
    so dont get nervous ;)

7. bluegrass

bluegrass Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Can't say that I really have any but I like to keep my Surface up to date so the firmware and 14 other updates are getting installed right now.

8. HarnessTech

HarnessTech Active Member

As usual for my SP3, it locked up during restart (hence the exchange). After a forced shutdown and restart, it is currently installing the updates.

9. Danielo290881

Danielo290881 Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    I had 1 firmware update and 9 other updates. (Core i5, 8GB, 256)

10. jnjroach

jnjroach Administrator Staff Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    Firmware Update includes:

The following updates will be listed as “System Firmware Update – 9/9/2014” within the Windows Update History.
    • Surface Pro UEFI update (v 3.10.250.0) improves system experience and enhances overall system stability, including Wi-Fi.
    • Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update (v 38.6.50.0) enhanced support for system performance and user experience, including thermostat icon on boot.
    • Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware update (v 3.9.350.0) increases the overall system reliability and compatibility with a Surface cover.
    • Surface Integration driver update (v 2.0.1102.0) enhances user experience, including Wi-Fi stability.
    • Surface Wi-Fi and Bluetooth driver update (v 15.68.3055.107) improves Wi-Fi/ Bluetooth reliability and system stability, and significantly enhances the user experience.
    Note When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to Surface customers. As a result, not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but the update will be delivered to all devices. If you have not received the update then please manually check Windows Update later.

11. bluegrass

bluegrass Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Surface updates 9-9-2014 12-30-05 PM.png Here are the updates I received just a few minutes ago. The only thing I noticed after it rebooted and I looked at the updates, it said the firmware update was pending restart. I restarted the Surface & it said it was installed.

12. wditters

wditters Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    September 2014 updates
    The following updates will be listed as “System Firmware Update – 9/9/2014” when you view your update history.

• Surface Pro UEFI update (v3.10.250.0) improves system experience and enhances overall system stability, including Wi-Fi.
    • Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update (v38.6.50.0) enhanced support for system performance and user experience, including thermostat icon on boot.
    • Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware update (v3.9.350.0) increases the overall system reliability and compatibility with a Surface cover.
    • Surface Integration driver update (v2.0.1102.0) enhances user experience, including Wi-Fi stability.
    • Surface Wi-Fi and Bluetooth driver update (v15.68.3055.107) improves Wi-Fi/ Bluetooth reliability and system stability, and significantly enhances the user experience.