What's new

USB port NOT Working on Surface Pro 3(Only recognize usb3 external HDD and nothing else)

yonghong

I have the same proble with this guy's link : http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ro-3only/3c11ba02-45d6-47b4-aad7-c70ec50f8acb.
The story is all my USB 3.0 devices are working with SP3, all others USB 2.0 devices are not working. My sp3 can't even charge my all iphone(5&6) because of they are USB 2.0, my 5 usb 2.0 disk not working , I reaaly need you guys help.
I tried refresh, and then fully reset to the factory default ,still no go.
My 128G sp3 bought on Jul 3, 2014 ,but I found my warrenty on microsoft website expired at Sep.1 2015. So I need get it exchanged or not?

Thanks.

OP
Y

yonghong

MS support in Canada is great ,last time they gave a free charger, this time will exchange my SP3 plus a free pen.

malberttoo

The support is good, but the quality is so bad, only 1 year it doesn't work.

It definitely is hit or miss, and something Microsoft badly needs to work on going forward. My own SP3 delivered to me on release day had no working WiFi out of the box, and I had to immediately return it. The replacement however has been trouble-free and I use it still, with not a single problem.

Gerke

I had the same problem. It was caused by faulty drivers installed by plugin a cheapass usbhub. After removing all usb drivers and adding the stock drivers from MS, the problem had gone. Until I pluged in another cheapass usb hub. Did the same and all is solved. Now only using A grade usb hubs etcetera, no problems anymore.

malberttoo

I had the same problem. It was caused by faulty drivers installed by plugin a cheapass usbhub. After removing all usb drivers and adding the stock drivers from MS, the problem had gone. Until I pluged in another cheapass usb hub. Did the same and all is solved. Now only using A grade usb hubs etcetera, no problems anymore.

Interesting.

OP
Y

yonghong

You mean it's drivers'problem? How come I reset it to the factory default, it still didn't solve this problem, the support said it's hardware problem, I guess something wrong with the usb AMP is too low to work with usb 2.0, for usb 2.0 it's 500ma, usb3.0 is more,

OP
Y

yonghong

I have this problem is because I. Jailbreak my ip5, for that I have to downgrade iTunes to ver. 12.0,then I can jailbreak it, after that in a day , I found sp3 can't recognize my iPhone, whatever I tried to fix it, no luck.

OP
Y

yonghong

The funny things is before I knew my sp3 's usb doesn't work. I wrote a post on Chinese most popular forum, I said this taichi jailbreak is the worst jailbreak ever. Taichi is a Chinese team. So most people are very upset what I'm saying,hundreds of people cut my points, I have fairly high rank on that forums, I post almost 10000 posts, and I said if you guys dare to cut my points, I will double cut your points, lol ,after that much more people cut mines, haha ,so much fun

OP
Y

yonghong

I saw I can't stop people cut mines, so I said I gave up, if you guys add points to me , I would give you guys triple points,lol right now they add 1000 points for me, I like that forum, you even can spam, the administrators don't care, they just care about more people coming get more money from commercial.