What's new

Use SP3 as remote control for desktop?

Gary.M

Hi, I have an app on my iphone 6 plus that allows me to create a custom keypad which I can use to control various keyboard shortcuts on my main pc. What I would like is a similar solution for using the SP3 with my main pc, in particular I want to be able to create my own buttons and switches for various ship controls for Elite Dangerous. Does anybody know of any solutions? Thanks

EpilEpic

I've read somting about Remote Desktop Connection it's an app you can download from the windows store and it allows you to control the other pc.

However I never used this app and I don't know if it will work for your situation.
+ You will need to customize somekind of screen you will use on your surface pro 3 which allows you to put touch-buttons on there which link to the specific action you are looking for.

Instead of going through all of this I decided to just use some macro hotkey software so I can customise some keystrokes to link a specific action to it. + I tend to use the Logitech G-keys for everything...of course it's a less "fancy" sollution

Haldi

as awesome RDP app is, it will deactivate the Monitor on the target computer! Not what the OP is looking for.
If you use VNC instead the "touch input" on a 2nd virtual Monitor which will be mirrored on the Tablet will cause the Game to lose focus/quit Fullscreen.

You're not realy looking for a remote control, but rather a Remote Keyboard app/tool/programm.

Something Like Roccat Power Grid: http://power-grid.roccat.org/en/Home/
sadly thats only for Android/iOS :(
Maybe try an Android emulator?

Liam2349

Just remembered an app for this, It's Android though and designed for phones I think. It's called Power Grid.

toaf

i have the remote desktop for my windows phone. i will see if they have a... wait.. cant you just run remote desktop.. you know like 2 computers?.... i would keep it all microsoft. :D works great on my phone

OP
G

Gary.M

Thanks for the suggestions but none of them are what I am looking for. I basically want to create a custom control with switches and buttons on the SP3 as an extra control for my main PC. I may just use my iPhone 6 plus although, as big as it is, it is not quite big enough o_O