Using 2 laptops

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Book' started by gman713, Feb 24, 2018.

1. wynand32

wynand32 Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Agreed on your points, and I’d likely get the Spectre x360 13 with a 4K display and only flip the screen around to media mode for Netflix. Otherwise, I’d just use it as a clamshell — it’s just a nice notebook period, outside of being a 2-in-1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BubbaUK likes this.
  2. MikemanSP4

MikemanSP4 Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    I have tested and used all of the major brand names of Anti-Virus software. If you can avoid it, don't use the major brand names such as NortoN, or the murderous McAffe (LOL) - What they do is examine and monitor many of the computers processes and service, taking a machine running at 100MPh and throttle it down (hypothetical) to 60-70. Over the years, through trial and tribulation, I have narrowed down my favorite using ZoneAlarm, which seemingly has the slightest effect on PC performance. This of course is just my opinion based on small, local, self-imposed benchmark tests. Another decent one, is AVG.

Think it over when it comes to virus protection - Or better yet, place yourself into the chair of malicious person attempting to code viruses and malware, adware *(you get the picture) - What would you ensure your virus can do? Make it past / through many of the Major Virus protection hurdles, thus by-passing the most commonly used. You can obtain a trial version of most - so give it a try if you are in the market for a good set of protection tools that won't bog down your beast.

3. MikemanSP4

My Device:
    Surface Book
    I have to recant my comments about Lenovo - We recently purchased a Lenovo Carbon refurbished machine from Amazon.de and wow -that thing is an ultra-light beast of a machine. I am truly impressed - however - Lenovo still has some "not-so-good" PCs out there, but don't they all.

sharpuser likes this.
  4. Afy

Afy Member

Unfortunately mine isn't a Carbon. It just is a piece of crap that is tightly locked down, that I cant even apply patches to upgrade it to 1703. It by and large just gathers dust.

5. MikemanSP4

My Device:
    Surface Book
    Pardon me - but why is it "locked down" - is it a work PC on a network?

6. Afy

Afy Member

Yup work issued laptop. I would never buy one for myself. Have always had bad experiences with the brand, especially on warranty.
    Luckily I can use any of the other laptops I have for work as well. So I primarily use either the SP4 or SB2 now.

7. Orlbuckeye

Orlbuckeye Active Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    I also have an Alienware 18 that pre Surface Book I would lug around but not it acts as a desktop.