Super Moderator
Staff member
The other experience...
SP4 #1
errors1a.PNG

errors1b.PNG

errors1c.PNG

SP4 #2
Note *new* graphics bug removed the red, yellow, blue dots from the upper portion of the first graph.
errors2a.PNG
errors2b.PNG
errors2c.PNG
errors2d.PNG

leeshor

Yikes! I'm fairly certain I know why I'm not having those issues but nobody is likely willing to use their SP the way I do, with the apps I do, and don't use.

OP
P

Planetbrian

I got a RMA for exchange from Newegg, but before I exchange it, I am going to see what the Nov. 10th update does. If it does not fix any problems then I will be forced to send this back for a refund and go back to my Dell M4700 as I need a stable daily driver and so far this is not stable.

Is anyone getting more than 144 Mbps on the 2.4 ghz channel? Mine maxes out at 144 while my wife's laptop hits 300.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yikes! I'm fairly certain I know why I'm not having those issues but nobody is likely willing to use their SP the way I do, with the apps I do, and don't use.
Aaaaand...

I don't have any Aps installed on one of them. Pure as the driven snow unsoiled virgin Surface. :)

To those of you saying these are Win10 issues, I disagree. It may be related to the hardware/drivers that MS chose to use on Win10, but I don't think it's Win10 at all. The SP4 is my 4th Win10 device (others are SP1, HP Envy (8.1 upgrade) and a $60 HP Steam that I bought from Woot with an Atom processed). The other three devices work fine - no issues whatsoever. None. Meanwhile, my $1400 SP4 takes over two minutes to boot up, loses connectivity to keyboard, has the display driver crashing constantly and other various issues. I'm very disappointed and I hope MS fixes this soon. The product should not have gone out the door this way.

GeForce 353.30 - WHQL Windows 10 Driver crashes on Build 10130 HP Envy laptop

verizonil

All of my bugs have been slowly ironing themselves out. My battery life is even improving pretty well. I am now getting between 7-8 hours of battery since I am using firefox and fixed the battery driver. The only issue I am still getting is the video driver crash although its much less now. Hopefully the next update will fix the rest of the minor bugs but overall things are getting much better and I am starting to love my SP4 as much as I did my SP2.

Carolv

I got a RMA for exchange from Newegg, but before I exchange it, I am going to see what the Nov. 10th update does. If it does not fix any problems then I will be forced to send this back for a refund and go back to my Dell M4700 as I need a stable daily driver and so far this is not stable.

Is anyone getting more than 144 Mbps on the 2.4 ghz channel? Mine maxes out at 144 while my wife's laptop hits 300.

My SP4 and husband's laptop both show 144 Mbps. They are about 3 feet apart.

bluegrass

I'm pretty happy with my 5 MHz DSL from my provider. I don't know where you all get so wide of bandwidth. Hell, I've got two TV's running Internet videos plus my Surface with no problems on my measly 5 MHz bandwidth.

Maybe you're talking speed between your Surface and the router and not the speed between your router and the Internet.

Carolv

I'm pretty happy with my 5 MHz DSL from my provider. I don't know where you all get so wide of bandwidth. Hell, I've got two TV's running Internet videos plus my Surface with no problems on my measly 5 MHz bandwidth.

Maybe you're talking speed between your Surface and the router and not the speed between your router and the Internet.

Correct. My speed when doing a speed test is 74.89 Mbps.