What's new

Very happy SP3 owner

IT_Freggel

Hello everyone!

after lurking around in the forum for more than a month I finally bought the 128gb version of the SP3 two weeks ago (I think it is LOT- 1436). Have never really used Win8 before, but I like it alot.
Wouldn´t be so great on a desktop PC I assume.
I can say I have read each article and post in this forum...and dispite some/alot of bad reports of product defaults I bought it anyway. I am glad I did it! The Surface is perfect for my usecase.
I am doing a MBA programm next to my job as an IT consultant and I have to say the SP3 is ideal when you have to read and comment on a lot of articles and cases. I can recommend Drawboard PDF for these tasks. They even had a 50% sale a week ago.

I had no issues while working with the Surface. No Wifi issues, no overheating, no BT Issue. Nothing! It just worked/works flawless. I have to admit, it is already kind of boring, because everything works perfectly :)

Unfortunately I found a dust particle under the display/glass that was looking like a dead pixel at a certain angle, accept it was still visible after the screen was turned off and light was reflected by it. In addition it had the "loose" Kickstand a lot of others have reported too.
Today I have ordered a replacement unit, since I reported the issue on the last day of the regular trial periode. I´ll receive a new unit in a couple of days. I hope the new unit will not have the same quality issues, but I think the kickstand will have the certain looseness since nearly everyone has reported it. Fingers crossed!

BTW: Has someone seen a transparent decal for the SP3? I want to keep the colour and the logo on the back, and the edges, while making it scratch resistance.

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

I walked into a customer's office yesterday, someone typically very critical of his technology, and he said look what I have. It was a SP3 and he said it was the best thing since sliced bread. That is the norm for most people.

I asked if he had any issues and the answer was an emphatic NO.

mtalinm

I also love mine. It was overheating and such when I bought it in mid-August, but the September firmware updates fixed everything. just passed my 30-day return window and didn't even think about taking it back. loooooooooooove the machine

malberttoo

Hello everyone!

after lurking around in the forum for more than a month I finally bought the 128gb version of the SP3 two weeks ago (I think it is LOT- 1436). Have never really used Win8 before, but I like it alot.
Wouldn´t be so great on a desktop PC I assume.
I can say I have read each article and post in this forum...and dispite some/alot of bad reports of product defaults I bought it anyway. I am glad I did it! The Surface is perfect for my usecase.
I am doing a MBA programm next to my job as an IT consultant and I have to say the SP3 is ideal when you have to read and comment on a lot of articles and cases. I can recommend Drawboard PDF for these tasks. They even had a 50% sale a week ago.

I had no issues while working with the Surface. No Wifi issues, no overheating, no BT Issue. Nothing! It just worked/works flawless. I have to admit, it is already kind of boring, because everything works perfectly :)

Unfortunately I found a dust particle under the display/glass that was looking like a dead pixel at a certain angle, accept it was still visible after the screen was turned off and light was reflected by it. In addition it had the "loose" Kickstand a lot of others have reported too.
Today I have ordered a replacement unit, since I reported the issue on the last day of the regular trial periode. I´ll receive a new unit in a couple of days. I hope the new unit will not have the same quality issues, but I think the kickstand will have the certain looseness since nearly everyone has reported it. Fingers crossed!

BTW: Has someone seen a transparent decal for the SP3? I want to keep the colour and the logo on the back, and the edges, while making it scratch resistance.

Neither Stickerboy or Decalgirl have them. You could almost try that stuff that you line your cupboards with, but getting the curves right would be hard I would think.

raqball

I've had mine for almost 2 months now and I can say without a doubt that's is the best PC and tablet I have ever owned, and I've had many!

Going forward I can't see myself ever buying anything but this form factor. The SP3 has easily replaced both my previous laptop and tablet. Now I have both rolled into one thin, light and powerful device.

I am VERY happy with my SP3.

As far as clear skins I did a search and these came up:
http://www.amazon.com/ArmorSuit-MilitaryShield-Anti-Bubble-Responsive-Replacements/dp/B00KDR84QC
http://www.amazon.com/Skinomi®-TechSkin-Replacement-Definition-Anti-Bubble/dp/B00KI17YXC
http://www.clear-coat.com/microsoft-surface-pro-3-screen-protector-case-skin-cover-shield.html

I haven't used any of these so you may want to check out the reviews. I have the StickerBoy brushed aluminum and like it a lot but you said you didn't want the logo covered up.

kristalsoldier

I've had mine for almost 2 months now and I can say without a doubt that's is the best PC and tablet I have ever owned, and I've had many!

Going forward I can't see myself ever buying anything but this form factor. The SP3 has easily replaced both my previous laptop and tablet. Now I have both rolled into one thin, light and powerful device.

I am VERY happy with my SP3.

I completely agree! This SP3 has completely messed up my preference for devices. I don't think I will be able to get used to any other form factor very easily even though I have a 2-monitor desktop machine at home. That will probably lumber on till I convince myself to buy the dock and then it will be used as a media or a mail server or maybe I'll use it to host my own private cloud on it. But yeah, the SP3 has killed my appetite for other form factors!

Clovismod

I was a happy camper with my SP2. The SP3 is running circles around the SP2. I just don't believe how I could be delighted with the SP2 , my laptop, my IPad mini....

Ms.Dos

Many of the early reviews seemed to categorize the SP3 as a niche tool. On the contrary, I think the use cases are very broad -especially when you add the docking station.

The only thing for which it seems unsuitable is for processor-intensive applications like media creation, virtual machines, and program compiling. Then you are pushing the battery-sipping mobile processor and thin form-factor beyond their physical limits.

OP
I

IT_Freggel

As far as clear skins I did a search and these came up:
http://www.amazon.com/ArmorSuit-MilitaryShield-Anti-Bubble-Responsive-Replacements/dp/B00KDR84QC
http://www.amazon.com/Skinomi®-TechSkin-Replacement-Definition-Anti-Bubble/dp/B00KI17YXC
http://www.clear-coat.com/microsoft-surface-pro-3-screen-protector-case-skin-cover-shield.html

I haven't used any of these so you may want to check out the reviews. I have the StickerBoy brushed aluminum and like it a lot but you said you didn't want the logo covered up.

The ArmourSuit Militry body cover looks really good.
But that thing has to be applied wet! I think during application water would get into the air vents of the SP3 :eek: