What's new

very intresting video on the Surface 2

beman39

I just saw this video and I thought some of you would be interested in watching this video also, this guy always comes out with well made video's...didn't even know about the voice control and how well it works! :wink:

[video=youtube;wG1b0yBJHLM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wG1b0yBJHLM[/video]

demandarin

I saw this one a few days ago. I always knew pro had voice control but didn't think much of it. until I saw this video. then it made me search for it and set it up. it actually works very well. you can open up any app. even in IE you can tell it to scroll up or down. pretty cool. I learned some new tips from this video. the voice control really does work that well like in video.

mdanehart

The feature I missed the most on the Surface is the voice to text I used frequently on my Ipad 4, just pushed the mic button and spoke out an email. Wonder why this feature is not on the Surface?

oion

Oh dang. I never thought about voice control, but it seems to work really well there. I wonder how Cortana will figure into the voice control stuff (for Windows Phone, but if MS is thinking about mixing that with Windows RT...).

The feature I missed the most on the Surface is the voice to text I used frequently on my Ipad 4, just pushed the mic button and spoke out an email. Wonder why this feature is not on the Surface?

You can, under "dictation" section: How to use Speech Recognition - Microsoft Windows Help

(Oh, the "parenting tool" line made me laugh; that's awesome. Not a use case scenario anyone else has mentioned, I think. :p)

EddySnoozah

Great video. Played around with my device settings and it found and installed my Western Digital media player, so now I can stream music from my SkyDrive folders and cast it to my media centre from my S2. Awesome.

Tgrey

he made some very good videos, MS should hire him, so customers know surface is not just about kick stand and touch cover

OP
beman39

beman39

Oh dang. I never thought about voice control, but it seems to work really well there. I wonder how Cortana will figure into the voice control stuff (for Windows Phone, but if MS is thinking about mixing that with Windows RT...).

You can, under "dictation" section: How to use Speech Recognition - Microsoft Windows Help

(Oh, the "parenting tool" line made me laugh; that's awesome. Not a use case scenario anyone else has mentioned, I think. :p)

yea I thought that was a great idea too on the parenting idea and original..

Great video. Played around with my device settings and it found and installed my Western Digital media player, so now I can stream music from my SkyDrive folders and cast it to my media centre from my S2. Awesome.

that IS awesome, and it streams well?

he made some very good videos, MS should hire him, so customers know surface is not just about kick stand and touch cover

yea or DEF a free Surface Pro 2 lol