What's new

Very late update

Arizona Willie

I have an original Surface Pro that I got in Mar 2013. One of the first to jump on the bandwagon.

This morning I got a notice there was an important update so I checked and said OK and it installed an update dated Jan 15th!!
I went into Control Panel / Windows Updates and in the update history it shows that update downloaded and installed successfully on Jan 15th.

WHY DID I GET IT AGAIN?

At first I couldn't understand why I would get the update so late --- 8 days after it was released.
But that turned out to not be the case.
For some unknown reason this update has installed twice even though both times it says it was successful.

Any ideas?

olimjj

I have an original Surface Pro that I got in Mar 2013. One of the first to jump on the bandwagon.

This morning I got a notice there was an important update so I checked and said OK and it installed an update dated Jan 15th!!
I went into Control Panel / Windows Updates and in the update history it shows that update downloaded and installed successfully on Jan 15th.

WHY DID I GET IT AGAIN?

At first I couldn't understand why I would get the update so late --- 8 days after it was released.
But that turned out to not be the case.
For some unknown reason this update has installed twice even though both times it says it was successful.

Any ideas?
I also received the same download twice.

The only thing that comes to mind is that I updated a driver or the like, that the first download had established, and that it was reestablishing the original .

Last edited: