What's new

Very strange pen behavior (Video included)

OP
M

mt6272

Seems now that I am only having this issue when I am charging. Tried changing outlets in different rooms and still seeing the problem. Hmm... I will report back if I find anything else out.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Seems now that I am only having this issue when I am charging. Tried changing outlets in different rooms and still seeing the problem. Hmm... I will report back if I find anything else out.
Sounds like a grounding issue, flip the prongs of the plug and see if that helps....

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like a grounding issue, flip the prongs of the plug and see if that helps....
Or plug into an uninterruptible power supply.

BTW you may have a very high static electric potential.. do you wear Silk over Nylons or other high static clothing :oops:

Last edited:
OP
M

mt6272

Just as an update nothing really seemed to help with this issue, and I tried about everything. Decided to contact microsoft support and take things from there.

Jay Marino

I'm having the same issues. My pen worked amazing for the first three months I had it and then all of the sudden doesn't work well at all. Basically it's unuseable now. If you find a fix, let me know. I also got a new pen and changed the batteries. I think it's a software issue. I'm not getting a new tablet and I'm not doing a refresh. I have put too much on this thing to start over again.

rquellet

Just as an update nothing really seemed to help with this issue, and I tried about everything. Decided to contact microsoft support and take things from there.

Did Microsoft accept this as a hardware warranty issue? Are they sending you an advanced replacement Surface?