What's new

Very Unhappy :(

Booch

I've been through that with various companies. Although it's certainly frustrating, I, and others I suspect, are willing to deal with it as long as we ultimately get the results we were seeking.
I'm sure when you're buzzing around on your replacement, you'll forget all about the phone calls :)

revmike

The only time the fans came on my sp2 was when I demoed a racing game, Asphalt 8:airborne. First and last time I heard them.

Booch

I'm going to have to try that game out. Heard it was good. + I think I HAVE to hear these fans lol!

Just hope it doesn't go like that first trip to the restroom after a few beers :)

bluegrass

The only two I've experienced from those mentioned are the fans... which are pretty annoying. I only really notice them when the screensaver comes on, but I can be watching TV over the other side of the room and I can still hear them!

The other is Skype, which is just awful. It's almost as it were made by the same team as iTunes...

I guess I should consider myself lucky. I have three Surfaces. First an RT because I couldn't wait until the Pro came out to enjoy this new technology. Then I bought the Pro to be compatible with W7 applications. Then they had to go and improve it & from all the great reviews I had to have a SP2 Pro. I bought all mine from a Microsoft store. I think it was well worth paying sales tax & getting it at a brick & mortar store. That's saying a lot for me since I just about buy everything from Amazon. Sorry I got off subject a little but I love my Surfaces. One of them is going to Cancun with me next week for a four day bluegrass festival to capture videos I shoot with my new GoPro camera & stay connected with you guys.

drolem

Nearly all of the programs I've installed have had issues - Skype has a blurry font and looks like crap, and iTunes has the same issue, Photoshop CC is just way too tiny to use, etc... I can't even get font sizes correctly in Firefox!
Skype looks fine on mine, Firefox is a little hard to size, but it does work, and I have no experience with the other programs. In any case, it's a 10", high-res tablet, so programs written with big desktop monitors in mind (Photoshop) not going to look right.

Connect a 30" monitor like I have, and things will look different. ;)

mitchellvii

Face it, running a 10.6 inch screen at 1920 x 1080 will bring challenges, especially with Adobe products which don't scale well. The Surface Pro 2 is meant as a tablet that can be an ultrabook. This as opposed to something like the Viao Flip or Yoga 2 Pro which are ultrabooks that can be used as a tablet. If you are looking for a true desktop/laptop replacement, you really need 11.6" or higher. The Dell XPS11 looks quite attractive at that size and offers a pen. While the Yoga 2 Pro offers no pen (sadly), the Thinkpad Yoga at 12.5" will.

While the SP2 can run the whole show for some, for most it really must be thought of as a secondary device due to it's size. I will always believe that the Surface line would have been a runaway hit at 11.6".

CrippsCorner

Some people can never stay away
LOL.png

fonzman78

Mitch is back? Dang, does this mean I have to come back out of retirement?

"just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in".