What's new

Video Cable doesn't appear to be working

mazzitmo

I have a new surface pro and have tried connecting it to a data projector at school and to a large monitor at home via my $50 MS model 1518 15pin plug however, when I select dual screen, I can see the screen change on the surface but nothing is duplicated to the projector or the second monitor...am I missing something really basic?

Thanks for reading and considering an answer :)
Louise

daniielrp

I have a new surface pro and have tried connecting it to a data projector at school and to a large monitor at home via my $50 MS model 1518 15pin plug however, when I select dual screen, I can see the screen change on the surface but nothing is duplicated to the projector or the second monitor...am I missing something really basic?

Thanks for reading and considering an answer :)
Louise

Well once it is plugged in, right click on the desktop and click Screen Resolution. This should then tell you whether a second monitor (projector) is being detected and present the options for mirroring/extending desktop. If it does not pick up a second monitor, I'd try testing it with either another projector or monitor, and if it still fails then, it may be a faulty adapter,