What's new

Video Download to SD card

namurell

I have been having an issue trying to download movies/ videos from the xbox video app on my windows 8 tablet directly to an SD card. The C drive on my tablet is full (only 32 gig) and I have installed a 64 gig SD card in the tablet to alleviate the storage woes. I have gone into the settings under the charms bar and changed the default download location for music and videos to the SD card. I have also created all of the C drive folders (videos, music, downloads, etc.) on the sd card and changed then location of the original folders to the SD card locations via the properties menu of each folder. Alas I still am unable to download any movies to the card as each time I try it gives me a error saying that the drive is full (my C drive is at 85% while my SD card is empty). I am at a loss on what else to try to get the downloads to go strait to the SD card. That it tells me the drive me is still full tells me it is still trying to download to the C drive somewhere. Has anyone had success changing the default download location to the SD card?

kundas1

does it even give you an option to browse folders? perhaps it's a short coming of Xbox app?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did you move everything from documents, videos, pictures to the SD card? also if you have downloads folders move that as well. otherwise what's taking up space.

Finally run Resource Monitor focus on Disk tab, sort by total bytes per second, expand columns so you can see where the download is going.

kundas1

Btw? Who in their right mind would buy anything from the Xbox video store? Have you seen the prices there? Example smalllville season 9 sells for $49.99 when in fact BB is selling for $19.99!!

OP
N

namurell

not when trying to download. the only option ive found is at the front of the app where it lets you look for existing files. Nothing in the app itself where you can change download location. Ive tried following steps ive found for downloading music to sd cards ( creating a folder called SD on the C drive then remapping the SD card to this folder) still nothing. Im thinking that the download routes through a temp folder before hitting the downloads folder and that temp folder is still set to my C drive which is full.