What's new

Video Editor for SP3

Yastech

Hey guys, I have been wondering, what video editor do you use in order to edit your videos. I am currently looking for a video editor that is simple yet can do great things that can also run smoothly on the SP3. I own the core i7 512 GB Model so any video editor should run well. Feel free to share what Video Editor you use!

nipponham

I used to have Adobe Premiere Elements on my i5 SP3 and it ran very smoothly, although conversions took longer than I would have liked. I found that I didn't need to use it as often as I thought I would and I didn't like it hogging up all that valuable hard drive space and uninstalled it. Now all my video editing is done on my desktop PC using Sony Vegas.

dleuen

I have been using Sony Movie Studio 13 which is simple to use and meets my needs. I always use it while docked so have a mouse and keyboard attached as well as an external USB drive for storage.

GTiceman

Movie maker has worked for me for simple tasks and things with a max output of 1080p, including re-encoding my 2.7k gopro video. I did use Premiere Pro but it took forever in 4k. I am still looking for a good solution as well.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm going to try Cyberlink PowerDirector ... but I'm not there yet... did a basic run thru with the freebie...
If anyone has any feedback on it Id like to hear about it. It's gotten good reviews and teased rendering is fast.

Neko

I use Corel Videostudio x7. I like it, because it can smart render. So it only needs to render efects, but parts that are not changed will not be reencoded and so the movies are fast finished. My cam recordes mp4 and i want it on the hd in mp4 as well.

bluegrass

I've been using Pinnacle Studio for about 8 years now. I don't know about the recent versions but up to 14 have been very easy to use and it has plenty of control.

bvone21

I've installed a trial of Premiere Elements (on an i7), it seems to work well. I've just got basic uses for it...The latest version handles the HiDPI ok. But I admittedly haven't really played with it enough to draw a conclusion. It's pretty cheap with an education discount if you know someone who can get an education account and pick it up.

I may try whatever sony product came with my camera to test that out as well.