What's new

Video not playing

sinha.sandy

Dear members,

I am having a weird problem with my sp4. If the device is kept shut down for a while then the device is unable to play any videos. No player is able to play videos. I can't play videos even on the internet. The YouTube won't work, vlc won't work, Google chrome won't play streaming videos, edge also the same. Can anyone help

But when I restart the device, the problem is gone. Does anyone has the same problem ???
[emoji27] [emoji27] [emoji27] [emoji27] [emoji27]

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
We really need more info, do you have any pending updates? Have you scanned for malware and/or virus infection? Which video driver are you using, native or did you update it?

OP
S

sinha.sandy

We really need more info, do you have any pending updates? Have you scanned for malware and/or virus infection? Which video driver are you using, native or did you update it?
I have all the latest updates installed. All the drivers are the latest and from the Microsoft official website.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
Or.......... If its not Malware as jnroach suggested - Perhaps it could be that you had the machine in Sleep or Hibernate mode. Sometimes if any machine is in Sleep or Hibernate mode, when woke up, it won't execute certain functions. When you reboot the machine, do the videos play then? One issue I have is when my SP4 has been in sleep mode, the Wifi or Network drivers will connect, but won't automatically refresh my IP and I have NO internet. I just disable my network card, and re-enable it and my connection is up and running. Let me know if a reboot allows videos to play afterward's. If it is MalWare, pardon me.

OP
S

sinha.sandy

Or.......... If its not Malware as jnroach suggested - Perhaps it could be that you had the machine in Sleep or Hibernate mode. Sometimes if any machine is in Sleep or Hibernate mode, when woke up, it won't execute certain functions. When you reboot the machine, do the videos play then? One issue I have is when my SP4 has been in sleep mode, the Wifi or Network drivers will connect, but won't automatically refresh my IP and I have NO internet. I just disable my network card, and re-enable it and my connection is up and running. Let me know if a reboot allows videos to play afterward's. If it is MalWare, pardon me.
Whenever I shut down for a long time, this problem arises. Then I have to restart and the problem goes away.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

trident777

when you say it will not play what exactly happens, does it go into buffering or the play button does not switch to pause or it does and nothing happens? have you gone into task manager and seen what is running and also process utilization? That may give you a clue. I would also look into Device Manager to see if you have any exclamation marks in there when you resume your machine. Also, does an mp3 audio file not play as well?

OP
S

sinha.sandy

when you say it will not play what exactly happens, does it go into buffering or the play button does not switch to pause or it does and nothing happens? have you gone into task manager and seen what is running and also process utilization? That may give you a clue. I would also look into Device Manager to see if you have any exclamation marks in there when you resume your machine. Also, does an mp3 audio file not play as well?
I mean by that is that no video plays on the device. Not even the video players are playing the saved videos.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk