What's new

Volume level has dropped off

eljoe

Ok, i installed the update. No more errors while opening the Sound options in Control Panel and the sound level seems to finally be better.

borka105

Yes, the volume may be back, but it sounds terrible like before. Online videos exhibit distortion, and crackle.

There must be something seriously wrong with the NVIDIA driver because they can't seem to fix the speaker audio quality.

kristalsoldier

Yes, the volume may be back, but it sounds terrible like before. Online videos exhibit distortion, and crackle.

There must be something seriously wrong with the NVIDIA driver because they can't seem to fix the speaker audio quality.

Actually, I was viewing some YouTube videos early this morning and they sounded alright without headphones - both in terms of volume and in terms of lack of distortion.

borka105

Were you at max or near max volume? It was still pretty clear for me. You can also try with Xbox music...

The good thing is that with the update, I don't need to go that loud, but I believe that was why they reduced the volume in the first place was to fix the crackle/ distortion. Makes me wonder what was accomplished...

demzor

My speaker volume has dropped like crazy. My iPad mini is way louder.

On the other hand... if I have headphones on.. 50% volume is CRAZY loud.

I'm still getting audio ticks when a new song starts. There has to be big problems with the audio drivers.
I actually wonder if there is problems with the speakers too.. and they tried to cover it up by making them quieter.

Whatever the case.. ī hope they fix the audio ticks/crackle..

eljoe

... if I have headphones on.. 50% volume is CRAZY loud.

Oh yes...it is incredibly loud. I use my iPhone headphones, and i have to set it much lower indeed, less than 8% when there is no ambient noise.

I'm still getting audio ticks when a new song starts.
Me too. If i have the headphones plugged in, but i am just using apps, browsing the web, checking facebook, etc i hear the ticks.