What's new

Waiting for my SP3 i5 256GB 8Gb

young blade

Hi,

The screen of my SP2 has been cracked (Wife took it to work and when she came back there was a huge crack in the screen and nobody knows what happened). Lucky that when we bought it we also paid for a insurance plan.

It was the i5 128Gb 4Gig version. I wasnt so happy with the 128Gb because I kept running out of storage space.

This time I'm going for the 256Gb version. I just hope that the unit will be without any problems. This time around I dont intend to share it with any family members.

I've been seperated for 3 weeks from the SP-line and I'm running out of patience for the new unit to arive.

Its been 3 weeks sinds I brought back the SP2, it took a week for Microsoft to declare that they couldn't repair the unit. after that it took the Insurance company a week to send me a cheque and 9 days ago I ordered the SP3.

Now I'm waiting for the store call me when the unit arives.

OP
young blade

young blade

Is there anything local in your country or is this all international transactions?

Both units where purchased at the same store (not a MS store). By car it only takes 10 minutes trip from my home.

But what angers me is that they have the unit in stock on their webshop and its also in stock at one of their stores located 25 minutes farther away..

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Both units where purchased at the same store (not a MS store). By car it only takes 10 minutes trip from my home.

But what angers me is that they have the unit in stock on their webshop and its also in stock at one of their stores located 25 minutes farther away..
So your issue is with store X and it's management.

OP
young blade

young blade

Yes indeed,

When I called them they said that they have a 5 to 10 days delivery policy. And after 10 days they will contact the other stores.

Last edited:

enthuz

I feel your pain in having to wait. It was so dreadful. Now I can't put the darn thing down. The wife has to fuss at me to go to bed at night.

kundas1

great thing about the SP3 is you can bring it in bed... lol :p not so great for the wife tho

enthuz

See now you sound just like her. She keeps asking everyday (literally) when I'm going to get her one. She only surfs the web, works in MS Office, on social media and youtube. However the space issue for installing apps on the i3 is too limited. I'm watching the sales for the i5's to surprise her though.

kundas1

well the great thing about these devices is, you can buy a 64/128 GB Micro SD card and then she will have 128/192 GB room.. sounds like the SP3 i3 version would be perfect for her! I think the i5 would be over kill for her.... btw don't tell her I told you but she paid me to influence you LOL :p